Notices
928 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: 928 Specialists

3rd Coast 2012

 
Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  #61  
LauraV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
LauraV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Richland Hills
Posts: 432
Default

it has been the first week in November forever and I dont expect to ever change because too many have said it shouldn't change. i wouldn't mind it to be the last weekend of October either, or the third weekend in October...just anything other than any weekend in November.

Taking a day off on Friday during a big Holiday Month like November is hard for people that have families and work for Companies that have vacation days that you have to put in for in advance.

therefore taking an extra day off before Thanksgiving is tough unless you own your own business or are retired.

and Don't get me started on Marble Falls or holding the show n shine at the park.

I guess that's why we drink all weekend-so somebody better keep my solo cup filled.

I will go take my PMS pill now.
__________________
Laura V.

928's R Us
Email: [email protected]
My Fan Club: http://www.facebook.com/LauraV.928?r...le#/LauraV.928
928 Owner's Club Member
The World's #1 Porsche Parts Diva
LauraV is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
  #62  
SeanR
Running up the Odo'
Rennlist Member
 
SeanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 34,416
Default

For 6 or 7 years it was the 2nd weekend, it was only a couple years ago that it was changed to the first weekend. That's when it got to be a pain in the ***.
SeanR is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
  #63  
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member
 
docmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rep of Texas, N NM, Rockies, SoCal
Posts: 19,442
Default

I like it where it is, despite me missing it for the past two years(personal emergency). I'm planning to have my GT on the road by then and actually attend this one. Now that Sean is coming, I don't have to drink so heavily and tell tasteless jokes.
docmirror is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:23 PM
  #64  
Donald
User
 
Donald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,450
Default

Originally Posted by LauraV View Post
it has been the first week in November forever and I dont expect to ever change because too many have said it shouldn't change. i wouldn't mind it to be the last weekend of October either, or the third weekend in October...just anything other than any weekend in November.

Taking a day off on Friday during a big Holiday Month like November is hard for people that have families and work for Companies that have vacation days that you have to put in for in advance.

therefore taking an extra day off before Thanksgiving is tough unless you own your own business or are retired.

and Don't get me started on Marble Falls or holding the show n shine at the park.

I guess that's why we drink all weekend-so somebody better keep my solo cup filled.

I will go take my PMS pill now.
Wait, Roger makes you take a vacation day?
We had it on 9/28 once; boy that was fun- about 102F at sundown. Is the Show & Shine at the park this year?
Donald is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:31 PM
  #65  
Erik N
Been selling Twinkies on Ebay,
have some extra cash right now.
Rennlist Member
 
Erik N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Working the local street corner for $$$
Posts: 6,025
Default

Originally Posted by ammonman View Post
Anyone still looking to split a room?

Mike
Me
Erik N is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:41 PM
  #66  
the flyin' scotsman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
the flyin' scotsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern Alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,615
Default

Roger et al............just booked the flights.

Arriving DFW noon Nov 1.........let get 'er on!!!
the flyin' scotsman is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 PM
  #67  
LauraV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
LauraV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Richland Hills
Posts: 432
Default

Originally Posted by SeanR View Post
For 6 or 7 years it was the 2nd weekend, it was only a couple years ago that it was changed to the first weekend. That's when it got to be a pain in the ***.
If anyone needs exact dates they are:

september 21, 2001 - cypress
september 28, 2002 - the woodlands
august 16-18, 2002 - bastrop
september 26-28, 2003 - blanco
september 23-25, 2005 - marble falls
november 10-12, 2006 - marble falls (2nd weekend)
november 9-11, 2007 - granbury (2nd weekend)
november 14-16, 2008 - marble falls (3rd weekend)
november 6-8, 2009 - marble falls (1st weekend)
november 5-7. 2010 - marble falls (1st weekend)
november 4-6, 2011 - marble falls (1st weekend)

i dont mind marble falls really. there is really no place else that will have us ang leave us a free cooler full of refreshments.
__________________
Laura V.

928's R Us
Email: [email protected]
My Fan Club: http://www.facebook.com/LauraV.928?r...le#/LauraV.928
928 Owner's Club Member
The World's #1 Porsche Parts Diva
LauraV is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:54 PM
  #68  
Don Carter
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Don Carter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cypress (Houston), TX
Posts: 2,375
Default

Originally Posted by LauraV View Post
september 21, 2001 - cypress
wow, time flies doesn't it? Seems like just yesterday I was buying an odometer gear and it already needs replacing again...
Don Carter is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:58 PM
  #69  
SeanR
Running up the Odo'
Rennlist Member
 
SeanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 34,416
Default

Originally Posted by LauraV View Post
If anyone needs exact dates they are:

september 21, 2001 - cypress
september 28, 2002 - the woodlands
august 16-18, 2002 - bastrop
september 26-28, 2003 - blanco
september 23-25, 2005 - marble falls
november 10-12, 2006 - marble falls (2nd weekend)
november 9-11, 2007 - granbury (2nd weekend)
november 14-16, 2008 - marble falls (3rd weekend)
november 6-8, 2009 - marble falls (1st weekend)
november 5-7. 2010 - marble falls (1st weekend)
november 4-6, 2011 - marble falls (1st weekend)

i dont mind marble falls really. there is really no place else that will have us ang leave us a free cooler full of refreshments.
Oops, forgot those were in Sept, not november, way off.
SeanR is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 06:07 PM
  #70  
killav
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
killav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Posts: 1,528
Default

Originally Posted by Don Carter View Post
wow, time flies doesn't it? Seems like just yesterday I was buying an odometer gear and it already needs replacing again...
Man I had my first 928 back then, my 84 US Auto with only 58k on the clock...I didn't even know any of you existed back then. Never went to anything, no get together's, nothing. I miss that car.

My son was about 1 and a half at the time. Talk about time flying!!
Attached Images  
killav is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 PM
  #71  
ammonman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ammonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 2,023
Default

Erik,

You've got PM.

Mike
ammonman is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 12:42 AM
  #72  
the flyin' scotsman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
the flyin' scotsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern Alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,615
Default

Hotel booked.........beer's on ice
the flyin' scotsman is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 12:49 AM
  #73  
Erik N
Been selling Twinkies on Ebay,
have some extra cash right now.
Rennlist Member
 
Erik N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Working the local street corner for $$$
Posts: 6,025
Default

Originally Posted by ammonman View Post
Erik,

You've got PM.

Mike

Replied! See ya there!
Erik N is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 AM
  #74  
pcar928fan
Super User
 
pcar928fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9,337
Default

Man, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I was reading page 4 of this thread. I was LMAO! That was some funny stuff there guys!

I am with Laura on thoughts of a different weekend. That first weekend is always homecoming at my University so I have to split time (or like this year during one of the BIG number reunions miss virtually everything)...I hate that...
pcar928fan is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 10:03 PM
  #75  
Chuck Schreiber
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thread Starter
 
Chuck Schreiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Plano, Tx.
Posts: 3,144
Default

4 weeks out.

Better get your cars all set, Maintenance, last minute checks, etc.

See y'all there!!
Chuck Schreiber is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3rd Coast 2012


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: