Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   3rd Coast 2012 (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/714014-3rd-coast-2012-a.html)

Chuck Schreiber 08-28-2012 12:00 AM

3rd Coast 2012

We are now less than 90 days out, so I wanted to send out the following.

Here’s the skinny:
Event Dates: Nov 2, 3, 4, 2012
Where: Marble Falls, TX
Hotel: Hampton Inn on Lake Marble Falls. Call now to reserve your room. Make sure to reference The Porsche 928 Gathering.
Room Rates are $92/night for City View and $102/night for the Lake View.
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/h...tyhocn=AUSMFHX

Friday-Plan on arriving in time for the 7pm get together at The River City Grill next to Chili’s. We’ll be on the patio overlooking the lake and if the weather is a little chilly, we’ll have heaters outside. (Bring warm clothes just in case)
http://www.rivercitygrilletx.com/

Saturday-Saddle up for the fun run through the Hill Country. (Make sure to bring your radios so you can keep in touch with the group)
Details to come on the fun run, but we’ll plan on some of Texas’ best wineries as well as a stop for lunch at a place that will most likely show up on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. That evening we’ll be at The River City Grill for our “formal night” with a private room. Bring your appetites, the steaks are great!! Meeting time at River City is 7pm.

Sunday - We’ll have a BBQ and giveaways sponsored by 928s R US. Good food and giveaways at one of the close by parks in Marble Falls.
Also, for those of you not already part of the 928 Owners Club, we’ll have signup sheets and information for you there.

Look for updates and posts here on Rennlist as we get closer to the event.
If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout back.

(Please pass the word by printing this out to anyone in your local group that does not have access to Rennlist)

This is an open event and any and all are welcome!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year!! :rockon:

Take care!
Chuck

77tony 08-28-2012 12:04 AM

Chuck, Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to it. T

JWise 08-28-2012 12:11 AM

I should be there, look forward to it!

SeanR 08-28-2012 12:23 AM

Can't make this one, I've missed the past couple of my daughters birthdays and I'm not missing her 16th this year.

polecat702 08-28-2012 12:48 AM

Dee & I will be there!

Jim M. 08-28-2012 12:53 AM

I've already scheduled vacation time to be there.

rgs944 08-28-2012 01:11 AM

It is on my wish list. If we get an early winter here in Nebraska I may just be there.

sendarius 08-28-2012 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by SeanR (Post 9798075)
Can't make this one, I've missed the past couple of my daughters birthdays and I'm not missing her 16th this year.

My daughter is also 16.

Remind me, is that the birthday that Dad has to attend with a shotgun? :icon501:

SeanR 08-28-2012 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by sendarius (Post 9798299)
My daughter is also 16.

Remind me, is that the birthday that Dad has to attend with a shotgun? :icon501:

Na, she's learning go shoot herself and she aint no dummy :D

Tom in Austin 08-28-2012 11:18 AM

Great to see the 3rd Coast invitation Chuck! Like UT football ... a sign of fall, cooler weather and good times ahead! Is Roger going to bring the cold front with him again this year?

killav 08-28-2012 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by SeanR (Post 9798075)

Won't be the same without you there so I have a solution. She's gonna be 16. So she has got to have a learner's permit. Let her drive your 928 to third coast and back with you in the passenger's seat of course. She would have a great time down there I think. Problem solved!

AO 08-28-2012 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by killav (Post 9798841)
Won't be the same without you there so I have a solution. She's gonna be 16. So she has got to have a learner's permit. Let her drive your 928 to third coast and back with you in the passenger's seat of course. She would have a great time down there I think. Problem solved!

I think that's called "chumming the waters." Be afraid Sean, be very afraid. :icon501:

SeanR 08-28-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by killav (Post 9798841)

We've been trying to get her the permit for a few months. Between summer in NYC and the rest of her Ballet stuff it hasn't happened. Long story best told over beers.

Originally Posted by AO (Post 9798875)
I think that's called "chumming the waters." Be afraid Sean, be very afraid. :icon501:

I'm just glad that he wasn't asking for pictures :thumbsup:

killav 08-28-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by SeanR (Post 9799039)
We've been trying to get her the permit for a few months. Between summer in NYC and the rest of her Ballet stuff it hasn't happened. Long story best told over beers.

I'm just glad that he wasn't asking for pictures :thumbsup:

Aww man no love for me brother!. :roflmao:

In all seriousness, here's to hoping you find a way to make it buddy.

docmirror 08-28-2012 01:53 PM

I've had personal interruptions for the past two years. I'm hoping this year is better. If Sean can't make it, maybe his car can. I would be willing to drive it down there are be a virtual Sean. Not sure I could drink enough beer to represent, but I would try! :D