Notices
928 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: 928 Specialists
View Poll Results: How much would you spend on a 928 wrist watch
$250 - $300 Quartz movement
28
27.18%
$375 - $425 Swiss Automatic movement
41
39.81%
$500+ Something highly limited and super cool
34
33.01%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

928 Wrist watches

 
Old 07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
  #1576  
pcar928fan
Super User
Thread Starter
 
pcar928fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9,337
Default

No "next time" is planned... There are 35 or 40 still incoming to Chris from Laco that are available. IF we ever do this again the watch would not look like this one.
pcar928fan is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM
  #1577  
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member
 
Andy E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Montreal,CDA
Posts: 2,273
Default

Originally Posted by pcar928fan View Post
IF we ever do this again the watch would not look like this one.
I would give up old 'lefty' for a new timing belt powered version....
Andy E. is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 02:44 PM
  #1578  
vtc4198
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vtc4198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In traffic
Posts: 837
Default

Originally Posted by Z928328 View Post
So just say, If I want one next time- I have to wait?

Regards

Z

You can have one now, no need to wait for next time.

there are about 30 pieces left in total. Of those 30, I have 12 or 13 ready to ship.
And the Excellence Magazine ad should come out soon That ad should sell the watches quickly, Richard did an amazing job with the ad!

If anyone wants one, I wouldn't wait too much longer.
I should hide 10 of these for Christmas, because I know I will get 50 calls of people wanting one for Christmas.
vtc4198 is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:23 PM
  #1579  
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member
 
Andy E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Montreal,CDA
Posts: 2,273
Default

Originally Posted by vtc4198 View Post
I should hide 10 of these for Christmas, because I know I will get 50 calls of people wanting one for Christmas.
Wouldn't it be cool if Zuffenhausen called you and wanted one for the museum?
Andy E. is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:29 PM
  #1580  
pcar928fan
Super User
Thread Starter
 
pcar928fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9,337
Default

More than likely they would call and say we have infringed on their trademark somehow and they are going to sue us! That is the way Porsche works these days!
pcar928fan is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:44 PM
  #1581  
vtc4198
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vtc4198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In traffic
Posts: 837
Default

Originally Posted by Andy E. View Post
Wouldn't it be cool if Zuffenhausen called you and wanted one for the museum?

I think they should

It would be a great addition to the Museum.
vtc4198 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
  #1582  
vtc4198
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vtc4198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In traffic
Posts: 837
Default

For anyone that was interested in the Excellence Magazine with our 928 watch in it, I just received an email stating that the magazines will land to subscribers on August 8th and on the newsstands on August 24th.

I asked them to send me 50 (pretty much to cover all the reserved watches here) so I can send them to you guys, they said no
Not really sure why, it is an expensive ad. But I guess it's only worth 3 mags!

I believe it should be on their website too
www.Excellence-Mag.com
vtc4198 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:19 PM
  #1583  
vtc4198
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vtc4198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In traffic
Posts: 837
Default

If we can get enough people in on this, I can have this strap made, but the minimum order is 100 pieces from my supplier from France.
I just got this sample in yesterday

Let's see if you guys like it
Attached Images     
vtc4198 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
  #1584  
Randy V
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Randy V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Insane Diego, California
Posts: 40,093
Default

Send me two and I'll decide which one to keep.

Randy V is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:29 PM
  #1585  
pcar928fan
Super User
Thread Starter
 
pcar928fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9,337
Default

Randy, you are a bad bad man! Stirring the pot BIG TIME!

I do like that band quite a lot! That said, I LOVE my bracelet band! Freakin' AWESOME!
pcar928fan is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:38 PM
  #1586  
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member
 
Andy E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Montreal,CDA
Posts: 2,273
Default

Originally Posted by vtc4198 View Post
If we can get enough people in on this, I can have this strap made, but the minimum order is 100 pieces from my supplier from France.
I just got this sample in yesterday

Let's see if you guys like it
Design by Christian Louboutin?

Let's see a picture of it on your wrist Chris!!
Andy E. is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 PM
  #1587  
Tony
No wide loads, please!
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,126
Default

Originally Posted by pcar928fan View Post
More than likely they would call and say we have infringed on their trademark somehow and they are going to sue us! That is the way Porsche works these days!
becareful what you say! There is a reason the 911 is called the 911....ask Peugeot.
The 928 designation may indeed be be copyrighted, especially for commercial purposes!
Tony is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
  #1588  
pcar928fan
Super User
Thread Starter
 
pcar928fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9,337
Default

Another reason we just used the "9" the "2" and the "8" on the face of the watch instead of "928" somewhere on the watch!
pcar928fan is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
  #1589  
Tony
No wide loads, please!
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13,126
Default

Originally Posted by pcar928fan View Post
Another reason we just used the "9" the "2" and the "8" on the face of the watch instead of "928" somewhere on the watch!
No biggy, just say'n, because we all know how Porsche is with this stuff....a silhouette of a 928 with the said numbers on the dial face and this thread is all they would need IF they wanted to pursue it.
Tony is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
  #1590  
vtc4198
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vtc4198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In traffic
Posts: 837
Default

Originally Posted by Andy E. View Post
Design by Christian Louboutin?

Let's see a picture of it on your wrist Chris!!
LOL

I will have a pic posted shortly, on one of my shoes
Attached Images   
vtc4198 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 928 Wrist watches


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: