Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   928 Pro Tour LS3 / Z06 Build (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/1011535-928-pro-tour-ls3-z06-build.html)

Carl Fausett 11-04-2017 09:32 AM

Dins -

I have carefully looked at your photo in post 148.

NONE OF THOSE PARTS WERE PROVIDED BY US. Those are all Renegade pieces.
I did not make or sell any of those parts.

Perhaps, before you start calling people names, you should know how to recognize the parts yourself.

Lance purchased a kit from Renegade, and a kit from us. There is overlap and a number of Renegade provided parts that he will not be using. There is nothing surprising with that picture.

The only thing wrong at all is your sophomoric response and name-calling.

Blagave 11-04-2017 11:51 AM

Carl, this is the last time I am going to address you in my thread, this is not a 928 MS or Carl advertisement thread.

You only listen to what you want to hear. Everything you just said is false on so many levels.
1. You never advised me on anything. You flat out said that your kit worked with LS3
2. You told me that you worked with Renegade to match up with there conversion kit and said that is what I needed to buy.....I just don’t go buy things for the fun of it. In fact Travis at Renegade said that you never discussed any details with them after they sent you all the mock up parts.
3. You have been down right rude to me on several occasions when asking simple question, like where is my stuff after 8 weeks, when your web site says 4 weeks or less. Or the time you basically called me a liar when I told you I sent the shifter and hardware, but you couldn’t find. Amazing how when I fought back that you figured out that you never opened the box and shipped it to RPM, where it was sitting.
4. Only after my frustration and calling you out on what you told me and sold me did you start sharing the fact you had never done a LS3 to Z06 and how you wished you had a car instead of just mock up parts.
5. It was me speaking with Dinsdale trying to figure out why your configuration did not fit and Dins questioned the pilot bearing. I then spoke with RPM and Jeremy confirmed that I needed to switch the pilot bearing out since you told him the the TT needs to be modified to a LS1
7. I purchased Koni shocks from you and could not get the rear perch’s bolted to the shaft due to your spacer being to long. I asked you numerous times over a week and sent pictures and all you say is follow the directions. Ended up that your spacers were to long and you told me the guy screwed up and I need to throw them in the lathe and cut them down.
8. I purchased steering box rebuild kit and had question on blue o ring. You claim you rebuild the boxes, but come to find out you don’t and you didn’t know if the blue o ring replaces the white Teflon and rubber. I reached out to company who makes the kit and the forum to get clarity.
9. There are other things such as rear drive axles not being ordered or shifter not ordered to find out at week 10 they don’t make it anymore, so have to source another brand.
10. Not cool to have your front page to the instructions asking the customer to provide details and pictures on how to install since you have not done this configuration.

Bottom line is that your customer communication and support are lacking from my experience. If you were completely honest up front with me and I had the option of working the bugs out with you, then I would have had the choice, but instead I had no choice.

Lastly, this hole nonsense was started by you. You did not read Dinsdale reply and only heard what you wanted to hear. Dinsdale reply was a joke relating to the “delete this thread” and the fictional company “Schieisco”, Heinrich is the owner (made up). If you had a sense of humor you would have laughed at 6 and 12 speed in stock and same day delivery.....that is funny stuff

fastmd 11-04-2017 01:15 PM

To Blagave:

You are the man. I was just contemplating doing a Z06 conversion to my 79 928 5speed( it was my first car and have refused to sell even after having supercars and hypercars in my garage).

My plan is do a singer type build to my 928. I am now in the sourcing and planning stage, hoping to commence in the next month. My good friend who is a race car builder will be doing all the heavy lifting as after seeing your steps I don't have your Yoda skills.

Thanks for doing this and I hope you keep updating the build progress.

You are a true gentleman.

Dinsdale Piranha 11-04-2017 03:49 PM

Scheisco, home of 928 6spd, 12spd and 18spd w/ toe shift kits

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Carl Fausett (Post 14568810)
Looks like it's going to plan! Good work!

Carl Fausett 11-04-2017 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, this certainly went sideways.

Lance, you ordered a kit for a LS1, and we set out on that course. It wasn't until about week 3 that you informed me that your LS1 was actually a LS3, but you said "That shouldn't matter, they are basically the same".
You'll remember I told you about the .400" inch difference in the crankshaft lengths between the LS1 and the LS3 several times. I sent you drawings and links to other pages about this.

I reached out to Renegade and RPM Transmissions numbers of times for you to get this to work for you. This picture that you posted shows that my torque tube lengths were spot-on, and that I certainly have done this before. That shifter box didn't line up that well accidentally.

Again, I am sorry UPS crushed your bell housing and you know how hard I have been working to find you a replacement.

I'm sorry you are displeased. I have handled every one of your phone calls and responded in what I thought was a very short time with answers and suggestions.

Dinsdale Piranha 11-04-2017 09:06 PM

FUN WITH METAL SHAVINGS

3 Attachment(s)
Curious Lance has a fancy custom torque tube with the shifter just right.

Curious Lance wonders what is inside.

Curious Lance look's inside.

Curious Lance say's Oh my!

This is why Curious Lance drinks.

Blagave 11-04-2017 09:11 PM

Carl,
Stop already......just because you write things in my thread do not make them true. Let’s move on and part ways. I know you are working on a replacement housing, the same as I, so once that is resolved, there is no need for further dialog between us, or your need to post in my thread. As I said before, I was silent until you over reacted to a funnny response and then open the flood gates.
I honestly wish you the best with figuring out you kit and I hope others will benefit from my experenice.

Blagave 11-04-2017 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by fastmd (Post 14580778)
To Blagave:

You are the man. I was just contemplating doing a Z06 conversion to my 79 928 5speed( it was my first car and have refused to sell even after having supercars and hypercars in my garage).

My plan is do a singer type build to my 928. I am now in the sourcing and planning stage, hoping to commence in the next month. My good friend who is a race car builder will be doing all the heavy lifting as after seeing your steps I don't have your Yoda skills.

Thanks for doing this and I hope you keep updating the build progress.

You are a true gentleman.

fastmd,
Thanks for the kind words. I agree with you on your direction to go Singer quality. I really think the 928 is the ultimate Grand Tour car with the modern day upgrades. If I can help in anyway with information, just PM. I am not that knowledgeable with the 928, but can share some of my experenice.

Best of luck, look forward to seeing your build thread.

Blagave 11-04-2017 09:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Installed steering rack and steering shaft. The shat barely hit the header flange so I was able to grind some cleanse in the header flange. The exhaust flange that bolts to the header is smaller and has plenty of clearance.

hlee96 11-04-2017 09:51 PM

Lance, can't wait until you get this baby finished!
FastMD: ever thought about sending the '79 5 spd for a "Greg Brown" build?
I have a '79 5 spd currently at Precision Motorwerks awaiting for my wallet to collect some money before asking GB build a NA 5.9L euro CIS top end stroker!

Blagave 11-04-2017 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by hlee96 (Post 14581689)
Lance, can't wait until you get this baby finished!
FastMD: ever thought about sending the '79 5 spd for a "Greg Brown" build?
I have a '79 5 spd currently at Precision Motorwerks awaiting for my wallet to collect some money before asking GB build a NA 5.9L euro CIS top end stroker!

Yeah, I have been biting at the bit lately, behind by a good month. My longest build is 8 months and I really hope to be done with this before then.
I am hoping to have the car ready for paint by the end of the year.

Fastmd needs to throw a LS9 Motor in his Singer style build. If I do another one, that is what I will be looking to do.

Chalkboss 11-04-2017 10:46 PM

This thread reminds me of this odd word swarf. A term I learned a year ago with much personal distress as I re-threaded the oil adapter plug in my block. I know I should know this terminology but I'm not a machinist like some of y'all, or apparently some certain rotational masses...

Dinsdale Piranha 11-04-2017 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pilot bearings!!!!!

In the handy fits all foolproof assortment pack.

Dinsdale Piranha 11-04-2017 11:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
No clearance, Clarence!

But Lance soldiers on.

Dinsdale Piranha 11-05-2017 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When this occurred, Lance just stood there,for a really, really long time.

Suddenly he grabbed the defective bellhousing and ran towards the welders screaming "Those Cheese Head's won't break me!"

Realizing he was delirious I hit him with the tranquilizer gun.

He went down on all fours for a few seconds but the crazy bastard got back up, staggering towards the welders screaming "F**KING CHEESE HEADS!"

So I hit him again.
He's resting comfortably now.