Notices
924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

Look! Custom subwoofer enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 08:00 PM
RAD951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo! yonk, I could countersink the subs in, I would just have to glue or screw on a panel below the original for the sub to mount on. I would just need the cutout diameter of the sub and the overall diameter of the sub to make the counter sink. Its going to be more work to make it that way. But I am sure your subs will sound just as good. As for the being scared its not a complete box, don't worry as long as your subs do not require more than 1 cubic feet of air a piece, They will sound awsome, trust me, I have my subs that play super loud and deep, and they are just 10" subs. All you need to do to install is buy that "liquid nails adhesive" and go around all of the edges. In one step, you will have a perfectly mounted panel without any air leaks. This " liquid nails adhesive" stuff is real good, your panel will not move or come out, it will be installed permanently.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:50 PM
yOnKiNaToR
Advanced

if you countersink the subs, it will provide even less airspace...how much airspace would i still have left?
Old 07-03-2002, 10:48 PM
RAD951
Racer

Yes, if you countersink it, there will be less air space. My guess that you will drop from 1 cubic foot to .7 cubic foot of air. There isn't really a good reason to countersink the subs. Just mount them normally and put a speaker grill over each sub. The subs will be hard to see with the grills and because they sit behind the seats. Its an area that no one would suspect speakers being there.

Quick Reply: Look! Custom subwoofer enclosure