Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another bushing question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 08:48 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Otto Mechanic
I just wanted to make sure I haven't misunderstood your comment; are you saying the delrin/rubber bushes shouldn't be "stacked" the way they're shown, instead installed with one bush above the a-arm and the other below...

-or-

The bushes should be "stacked" as shown, but both should be Delrin.

The second choice runs counter to what Racer's Edge recommend and also Mike's observation, but if you're telling me they're stacked incorrectly I'd appreciate knowing that. Which one is best installed on top?

Thanks,
Got side tracked, sorry for leaving you hanging. Looks good now.

You and I must be polar opposites, I have projects I've been planning and researching for years.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:52 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Otto Mechanic
Mike, I think the word I'm looking for here is "ignorance"
Scott, I wouldn't say that. You seem to research stuff for yourself and do a good job of putting things together. However, I am almost certain that any mod possible on these cars has already been performed by someone on this forum. It might save you some time, money and heartache if, after you've done your own research, you run your ideas by the members on here before you go ahead and buy stuff. Just a thought
Old 07-01-2017, 12:05 AM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mj951
You and I must be polar opposites, I have projects I've been planning and researching for years.
Maybe not, I've also been researching for a long time. This project started when I bought the S2 in 2014 from a guy in Sarasota FL. Details like this one only become apparent when you're actually doing them in my experience.

In the end, with some considered advice over a couple of days, it worked out I think?
Old 07-01-2017, 12:06 AM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MAGK944
It might save you some time, money and heartache if, after you've done your own research, you run your ideas by the members on here before you go ahead and buy stuff. Just a thought
But then I wouldn't have pictures?

(he writes in the throws of a pure protein high after eating maguro, hamachi, unagi and ama ebi sushi at Edo Tai in Boulder Creek a few minutes ago...)

We won't even mention driving home along Hwy 9 in a 1.8L Audi A4 Turbo. Some things are just better left unsaid.

Quick Reply: Yet another bushing question