Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat and A/C...again!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Jeff 85.5 n/a
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Heat and A/C...again!!

Just looking for a little help with a new heat/ A/C problem in my 85.5 n/a. Had heat and A/C working great last year, blew out the clutch at an autocross and on the way home I broke the E-flasher switch. Got inside the dash to repair that before it went to the shop, heard some strange noises behind the glovebox after I fixed the switch when I started the car, spinning, whirring noises. During the winter I would start it occasionally and soon realized I no longer had heat. Now that it's back on the road after time in the shop for the clutch, I'm looking at the heat problem again. No matter what, it blows the heater fuse (#17) as soon as I turn on the ignition, the only thing that works is the blower. None of the damper controls seem to be working and the temperature control has no effect. Removed the heater control head unit, it still blows the fuse. Took out the A/C relay, still blows the fuse. Looking at what I think are the damper control motors, small vacuum/electrical devices on the pass side, left of the glovebox, I have turned the little white *****, did I break something?? Any ideas??
Chilly in Maryland,
Jeffro

Quick Reply: Heat and A/C...again!!