Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automobile Atlanta Sux!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Vaino
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I wish you luck on turning this around. However, it is nearly impossible to manage up. If the owners, and management are not pushing for change, then little or nothing will happen. Do you run the sales area, or are you just staff? Unfortunately AA has profited from nearly all the cases of bad service. The general problem has been well documented on Rennlist and Pelicanparts lists are:
- Seriously overcharging for shipping/handling
- Selling products that are listed as "In Stock", when they are in fact either unavailable, or need to be special ordered.
- Selling third party/ Brand X products as " Factory Porsche" Parts
- Charging more for parts than quoted.
- Rude behavior
- Failure to deliver parts, but still charging customer.
- Double charging customers for same parts

This problem goes to the core, if it isn't a desire and push from the owners, or the managment to change, then you are misguided in your attempt. They more than likely know full well how they behave, and how the staff behaves. You providing "evidence" of their bad behavior, won't do anything but make them dislike you.

Best of Luck, but watch your neck.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:07 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Please refer to my "burn the place down" option. I would prefer that. I am soooo happy about this thread! Sweet sweet revenge.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:08 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread--am curious to see if anything has changed since all of this...
Old 01-12-2006, 02:50 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

If you buy something there, just make sure you are going in to pick it up.
And make SURE its the right part.
I sent my mom up there to pick up some bearings, called and ordered them so they would be ready when she got there, and they still screwed that up.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

my brother ordered a load of stuff in the fall of 04 from them. they sent some and told him the center caps were on backorder and wont show up for three weeks. i got a set from ebay and he calls to cancel. too late, they were shipped. they were shipped two days after they told him three weeks.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

I ordered a couple of switches from them, no problems........
Old 01-12-2006, 08:56 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Without reading all the previous, they surprised me on my only order with them. I knew the vents had been discontinued but they still had them on their web site, so I ordered them. As expected the email arrived that the parts were not available. A few weeks later they showed up on my porch and the cc billing was correct!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:37 AM
H2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by aribop
I am fed up with them! . Everytime I called, they said it was there and when I went by to pick it up it wasn't there. Finally last week I called and made sure they could put their hands on it and had them put my name on it also. When I went by Friday to pick it up, they wanted to charge me $70 more than the price I was originally qouted!!! The guy that I originally spoke with came out and said, "yeah, I guess I made a mistake when I gave you the original quote. So this is the correct price."
I had a similar experience, only I was quoted $60 over the phone for hood liner..but $110 was billed to my card. Also, they said they had it in stock and would ship immediately but when I called after a few weeks, they finally got around to it. A Georgia local told me that they don't really stock everything they say they have but get it from another source nearby. That could be part of the confusion they have. At any rate, they're the last people on my list to call. Integrity and honesty still count for something where I come from. If you tell me something, I trust you're telling the truth, until you prove otherwise.

BTW, when I pressed the salesman on the above, his response to me was "Oh, that's the way we are around here." I figured he must be quitting or something to say that but, from what I'm hearing, it could be part of a business practice? If so, it doesn't work for repeat customers.

HH
Old 01-13-2006, 10:53 AM
H2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Customer Service: Treat a person good, and they'll tell 2 or 3 people. Treat them bad and they'll tell 12-15 people. Studies support that. Eventually, it adds up. Obviously, all dealers are not bad all the time or they wouldn't be in business long. However, Porsche enthusiasts eventually find out who you can trust and who you can't. Sometimes, it's just a particular salesperson that you've come to trust. Sometimes it's reliable rapid shipping. Sometimes it's not being told they have it in stock and they order it from Germany (had that happen once too). So we gravitate to those who do us right. I don't mind paying more if the salesperson is helpful and can give me some installation tips. The tips are worth it. Call a few of the companies and you'll be speaking to a dweeb who hasn't a clue about what you're talking about but "just give me the order number." Then there's one catalog (company just changed its name) that lists a common relay for about $5 for the last few years but it's always about $10 when you order. At least they correct you over the phone before shipping though. I've reminded them but the catalogs still come out the same. Not sure if it's just an oversight or a marketing ploy. I have a list of about 6 vendors I use. If one doesn't have the part in stock, I go to the next, and so on. If a particular vendor bends over backwards and gives me particularly good service, I move them to the top of the list.

I'm in charge of a service agency (not car parts) so I know it's important to treat your bread and butter nice.

H2
Old 05-02-2008, 01:10 AM
nemo9xx
Track Day

updated info regarding auto atalanta, 5 years after the original post, and still the same, Auto Atlanta is the worse store to deal with. I wait 6 week to finaly receive the wrong part, I receive a very very very bad after sales service for all of those and of course from george who have absolutly no consideration for is costumer. he charge me for returning the wrong part and I'm still waiting the refund ..... at this moment buying at Auto Atlanta was my WORSE experience ever and not only for porsche parts. If you don't have time and money to waste buy somewhere else... Now I have to order the good parts at my porsche dealer and wait another 4 week because he dont have in stock. BTW if you still want order from AA this funny guy will ship you order when he receive parts thats mean you can receive you order in 5 box and of course you have to pay 5 times the shipping....... very stupide store....
Old 05-02-2008, 08:08 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

www.paragon-products.com gets all my business besides www.rennbay.com and www.944online.com
Old 05-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

and 4 the record nemo, a lot of us on here have a stockpile of used stuff from various projects. Once you become a member you can place a "Want to buy" ad and more than likely you will have someone that has one. Welcome to the list!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:25 AM
nemo9xx
Track Day

thanks for the precision!
I already buy from paragon, rennbay, 944 online, lindsey and all of us give me a excellent service, but auto atlanta WOW, maybe george should go at paragon take a course with jason on HOW handle a business and HOW keep costumer.
nemð
Old 05-02-2008, 10:24 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

I will happily bump this up as I have had nothing but bad service from AA and I even gave them a second chance to redeam themselves.

ABSOLUTE CROOKS WITH NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS WHATSOEVER!

Gina
Old 05-02-2008, 10:26 PM
WizPorsche944
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love browsing 944 online but have never bought from them because their prices on everything seem high. I have bought from Auto Atlanta many times for my 914 and have never had an issue.

Quick Reply: Automobile Atlanta Sux!