Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automobile Atlanta Sux!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 03:04 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mr. Robinson, as a past Auto Atlanta customer, I recognize and applaud your effort for taking the time to read the posts in this thread and making an effort to put the customer first. In doing so, you definitely appear to have the correct disposition for getting the business back on the right track with past, present and future customers. Thank you.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:11 AM
SE-Romeo
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to print this thread in after it has died down and show this to the people in charge so that the see from the customer standpoint, where the problems are. thank you for posting these comments, and please continue.

And thank you very much. It hit me reading this finally that WOW, something has got to be done about this.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:14 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Okay, guys, for YEARS, Automobile Atlanta has been a place I have avoided, for some very good reasons, in my opinion. But I will give Michael credit here, he's gutting it out and hasn't cut bait and run yet, in spite of some pretty heavy comments. He's got a lot of proving to do, but it sure looks like he is trying to me.

I would be very happy to have another vendor choice available to us. Hopefully, AA can become one.

Good luck, Michael, you've got your work cut out for you. I know Karl Wilen personally, and he is as level headed and reasonable a person as you will ever meet. For him to post the things he has here, he obviously feels like he was wronged significantly. I believe him completely, he's not a hot head at all. If you can fix the issues that he has, then it will make a believer out of me. There's many other similar stories out there as well...

Regards,
Old 04-14-2004, 03:28 AM
SE-Romeo
7th Gear

yeah, Unforunatly with a lot of these issues, It will take a couple months time to set everything in place nad get it done. But comming from inside the company. IF after reading this thread you still give us a chance, Make sure you tell the sales person to go put there hands on the item while u have them on the phone. That is abou the only way to know they have the item in stock. If you are speaking with George, absolutly insist that he do it. This is comming from inside the company. They will get up and put there hands on it to make sure we have it if you ask them to, but only if you ask. I will try to think of some more things, but it's late and I have to get to bed. I will jump on tommorow when I get to work and check out more of these. I will try to start a new topic so that I can get some organized list of complaints and Comments to show the boss man.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:36 AM
kennycoulter
Drifting

wow!!!!! i had no clue.....im not even going to read into the next 4 or so pages. when i first got my 944, aguy that saw it parked at work asked if i had a computer....i said no(he ran a computer repair business) i finally got one last year. but until then, my time was spent buying parts from catalogs that he gave me. so everything was bought out of $$$tweeks$$$, $$$performance products$$$, and $$$automobile atlanta$$$. i thought i was getting deals with auto atlanta. but they constantly messed up my orders. CONSTANTLY!! i was usually dealt with very nicely, but not so quickly. my rebuilt speedo was a joke! i sent it back and told them the marker covering up the rust on the trim ring was rediculous! mine looked perfect but didnt rack up miles anymore. they sent me my rebuilt one back. the prices seem ok, til i got a computer and i see the new parts prices better than their used stuff. but its just me. i have the coulter curse on me. i have had trouble with everything mail order. even the bride i got turned out to be a man.....but hey, shipping to send him back would cost too much. and he works for cheap.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:39 AM
kennycoulter
Drifting

i dont really have a man doing work for me and im not gay....please dont im me naked pics.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:27 AM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally posted by SE-Romeo
Make sure you tell the sales person to go put there hands on the item while u have them on the phone. That is abou the only way to know they have the item in stock. If you are speaking with George, absolutly insist that he do it.
yeah. sure. this is ridiculous. I have to TELL your folks to do the job they have been hired to do??
ESPECIALLY george? WTF?

i'll buy my stuff from a shop that knows how to keep track of their inventory without prompting from me.

like i said before - JOIN rennlist and maybe it would look like the beginning of an effort to turn things around.

JOIN RENNLIST.

i'm a bit surprised that john d. has let this thread continue - nothing like free market research!! if i were another PAYING sponsor or shop owner who has actually JOINED rennlist, i wouldn't be too happy.....

QUIT POACHING and pay up....then we MIGHT talk.

and NO - i haven't had my coffee yet today.....
Old 04-14-2004, 11:06 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

IF after reading this thread you still give us a chance, Make sure you tell the sales person to go put there hands on the item while u have them on the phone. That is abou the only way to know they have the item in stock. If you are speaking with George, absolutly insist that he do it.
I gotta agree with Brian here. That should be a given. It's not the customers job to make sure your people do their jobs.
I give you kudos for trying but you have to think this through a little better.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:51 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Its the studying for finals that put me over the edge
Old 04-14-2004, 02:21 PM
SE-Romeo
7th Gear

I agree wtih you, that is not up to the customers, that is soley the responsibility of the employees. What I am trying to do, is get together a list of common complaints so i can sit there and show them, basically throw them all in the face of the boss here so that I have some grounds here to implement a few changes.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:25 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by aribop; 03-18-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:29 PM
RSflared72e
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

IF after reading this thread you still give us a chance, Make sure you tell the sales person to go put there hands on the item while u have them on the phone. That is abou the only way to know they have the item in stock. If you are speaking with George, absolutly insist that he do it.
I applaud you for wanting to fix the problems your company has had. But you surely don't expect customers to manage your business.

I operate an urgent care clinic - that's like me saying to a patient "make sure the nurse draws up the correct medication and dose for you." Wouldn't work out too well...
Old 04-14-2004, 02:35 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here's a short story:
I wanted to improve the tired suspension on my car. I emailed Skip about how I intend to use the car and a list of parts that I thought would be good. He made a few real good suggestions and I placed the order with Chuck a few weeks ago. Chuck pointed out that a few of the things on my list were uneccessary so that saved me some money right there. He wasn't going to sell me something I didn't need. I got tracking info as soon as everything shipped and when I recieved the package it had everything in it but the struts. Since they're shipped from another location I emailed Skip and he returned my email almost immediately. He sent me a tracking number for them and the struts arrived when promised. When I inspected the contents I found that I had one 'Koni"sticker missing. I had a few other questions for Skip and mentioned that one of the stickers was missing and he had one in the mail the next day.

Now, granted, a missing sticker is no big deal but it shows that Paragon will do even the smallest thing to satisfy their customers. I was kept informed every step of the way and got exactly what I paid for. Heck, I had Skip do the strut conversion and they're almost too pretty to put on the car.
That kind of attention is precisely why you never hear any bad press about Paragon.
If Skip, Chuck, and Jason are reading this I just want to say that you guys are the best.

Now Michael wouldn't it be nice if someone said that about AA?
Old 04-14-2004, 03:23 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

yeah, Unforunatly with a lot of these issues, It will take a couple months time to set everything in place….
First – I want to tell you it takes a great deal of courage and commitment to post into this thread as an employee. Out of the threads, posts and comments made to PorscheList/Rennlist over the past 6+ years about your organization – you are the single person to ever post back and state they are resolved at trying to address some of the problems within that organization. I respect that.

However……

Please know that my personal experience has not been as favorable. Some years ago – one employee continued to SPAM, without regard, one of my mailing lists. In off the list conversations with him informing him that I didn’t allow my users and Members to be SPAMMED by any vendor, and I was cautiously optimistic that practice would cease. Rather, many users of that e-mail discussion list found themselves “subscribed” to a distribution list of “Specials” and the list continued to be SPAMMED, and I was informed it was his right to send any mail he would like to my users/list subscribers. That did change, however, when none of his future “posts” actually reached my e-mail distribution users – they simply magically “disappeared”. To this day – they still will not be distributed. Send my regards to Mr. Treadway.

… I will try to start a new topic so that I can get some organized list of complaints and Comments…..
I understand you are trying to have a positive effect on your company – but notwithstanding, I don’t believe it’s my responsibility to subsidize your organization, change and improvements through setting “Rennlist” up as your “feedback” Forum - unless I should be as presumptuous that your organization is going to subsidize “our company” (i.e. – “Rennlist”).

Please understand that I have numerous Site Sponsors who do pay for that right – and support these Forums, users and Members with products, technical support and pricing specials. And yes – I do believe many Rennlist Sponsors have directly benefited from that support in streamlining their “business processes” and improving their customer support – but then again, they pay for that right to be on a site which takes in excess of 2,000,000 page views per day.

Therefore – in the meantime – should you want to post an area on your website to generate Comments and Complaints, perhaps it would be better served using your own company assets, rather then mine.

In the meantime – you have my thanks and respect for stepping into this thread and trying to change your organization for the better.

John D.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:48 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats the best call in the world John D! I liked to see you taking a stand on freeloading vendors take advantage of you and your efforts...

Quick Reply: Automobile Atlanta Sux!