Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automobile Atlanta Sux!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 05:38 PM
jd944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, for anyone looking for an alternative to Tweeks, Performance, Pelican, Atlanta, etc. I came across a place called Adirondak Auto Brokers (www.germanautoparts.com) a few years ago when my sons were into VW's. Quality parts, good prices, quick shipping and they know their stuff. They also carry Porsche parts. They have warehouses in upstate NY and Georgia. I live in west central Florida ad I usually get my orders in a day.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:21 PM
por944trs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

And to think George(Aka. Dr Porsche) would auction on Ebay, 30 minutes of personal talk time on the phone about any problem you had porsche wise. because he is such the expert! He is a real winner!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:35 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I a won a part from those Atlanta ******* on eBay. They quoted me $80 for shipping to NZ, this was fine and I checked with them prior to me winning the auction to confirm a price and that they could deliver to NZ. Then I won, paid the agreed price, got an email from the **** saying it would be $200 more for shipping and if I didnt pay it they would leave bad feedback. I said I have emails as to the quoted price and that they were dreaming if I was paying more. They then refunded me the money less their paypal expenses which was around $20 and left feedback saying I bid on a US only auction and refused to pay for shipping! I HATE them soooo much...
Old 04-05-2004, 09:31 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

the sent me the wrong transmission and I had to pay shipping on it!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:51 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Does this Atlanta clown have a Rennlist handle?
Old 04-06-2004, 12:40 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

While they were never rude to me or anything, they kept sending me TB and intake manifold gaskets for a 2.0L 924 when I clearly and forcefully stated and restated that I in fact had an 88 924S. They told me to keep the mis-shipped part and finally sent me the correct parts. I haven't used them to order parts since.

Oh, and a few years ago they told me, when I was originally trying to source on, that there was no such thing as an AC delete alternator bracket for the 944/924S.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:49 AM
83na944
Three Wheelin'

OK, OK. Somebody say something nice about them.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:37 AM
abduln
Instructor

I'll state my experiences neither to bash them or praise them, it's just for the record I had two exeperiences with AA:

1) About 4 years ago I ordered stainless steel brake lines and some misc. small parts. After a few weeks passed I forgot about the order. The parts did arrive, three months later; no word or warning from them, and the charged my Visa after one week. Not professional, but I did get my parts.

2) Two years ago I won an Ebay auction for a pair of 944 turbo rear control arms. They sent me steel control arms, and they were stripped of the hardware. I sent them an email informing them of the discrepency, and then they sent the correct control arms in a timely manner and told me to keep the steel ones if I like.

Not regarding AA, but in general, remember that people tend to complain far more than they praise. When people get pissed they want to vent and make their opinion well known. When people are satisfied they tend to just go on their merry way and move on to the next moment in their life. For example, I have had over 3000 transactions on Ebay, yet I only have feedback of about 250... and I am a pretty good customer.

Additionally, when we read complaints we only get one side of the story. I know plenty of people who complain about the service they get, or how they got screwed, blah, blah, blah. But when I actually hang out with them at witness such an event, I see that sometimes my friends are being entirely unreasonable, and frankly just acting like jerks. But when I see them retell the story, it's like they were little angels and did nothing wrong.

Again, the above is just for consideration, and not in regards to AA. AA sounds like they have a customer service problem, but it would be cool to see how many people on Rennlist have had positive experiences for the sake of comparison.

Regards,
Abdul
Old 04-06-2004, 03:55 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,294 Likes on 481 Posts

I have yet to hear anything but neg. remarks about AA, my uncle drove down and bought a 914 with a 13b engine in it....they were a pain to deal with but the car was ok.....then again they didnt perform any work on it but was helping a friend sell the car.

Places that do GOOD buissness get compliments all the time....for instance..RENNLIST/Rennbay /Vertexauto/paragon ect.....and the list goes on...AIR/SFR ect ect...
Old 04-06-2004, 05:20 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

what do i keep telling you guys.. support those who support us! rennbay, guru, and the rest of the gang who sponsors and supports and posts on rennlist are the guys who keep rennlist going and make it what it is. seriously, there are so many ****ty venders out there like auto atlanta, tweeks, [performance etc.. they are all ****y parts and ****tier service who care nothing about you, or your car.. all they want is $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

suport those who support you here. why.. not only do they make rennlist what it is, and keep the boards runnning but sponsoring, but they care about your car, and you, not only as a consumer but as a person.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:58 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I hear ya, i battled with them for a month to get a part that was in stock, then when i finally did get the part, i was double charged on my visa, even though they had no records of double charging me. I sent them visa statements to prove it, and they kept saying "We are crediting your accounty today" and it never happened, then i would call back the next day and it was the same thing....had to let VISA take care of that one for me which they did no problem....that battle went on for at least 2.5 months.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by 83na944
OK, OK. Somebody say something nice about them.
They have a nice photo of a 914 on their website. Mmm, that is all I can think of right now......
Old 04-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll reserve comment on my past experiences with Auto Atlanta, but will say that vendor mishaps are yet another reason why the Rennlist "search" function is your friend.

Amazingly, 911 & Porsche World did a feature story on this vendor several issues back for being a "914 World Headquarters," as they claim. The author obviously never did a simple search in the enthusiast forums to verify their reputation with customers...
Old 04-08-2004, 08:07 PM
83na944
Three Wheelin'

And they had a nice catalog a few years ago.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by por944trs
And to think George(Aka. Dr Porsche) would auction on Ebay, 30 minutes of personal talk time on the phone about any problem you had porsche wise. because he is such the expert! He is a real winner!
Is that for real??? Do you have a link? That would be suitable for framing.

Anonymous

Quick Reply: Automobile Atlanta Sux!