Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No fast wiper speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Schmooey
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No fast wiper speed

I did not have any intermittent wipers on my 1984 944, so I replaced the relay and now I have them working fine. I was hoping it would also fix my other wiper problem, which is that I don't have any high-speed wipers, but it did not. (Not that I was expecting it to, but just hoping.) So everything on the stalk works – regular speed wipers, intermittent, the spray washer – except the high-speed wipers, which is the uppermost position of the stalk.
Anyone have any idea where I should start looking? I cleaned all the contacts on the stalk and I think they are all OK, but I'm not getting even a sound from the wipers when I set them to high. Thanks a lot.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

As you might have figured out, the intermittent feature is controlled by a timer relay. However, the low and high speeds are directly wired connections to the wiper motor. Find the right wiring diagram for your year online (both early and late diagrams can be found in the factory service manual), and watch this video on how to read it. Then you can pull the plug apart and both check: are you getting voltage at the right wire when the stalk is at high-speed? And, if you send 12 volts from the batter to the right wire on the motor, does it move in high speed? This will help you narrow down where your trouble lies.

Quick Reply: No fast wiper speed