Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater control Valve - troubleshooting, and WYIT

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017 | 03:13 PM
jbob
Racer

Default Heater control Valve - troubleshooting, and WYIT

Hey guys, had my 924S clutch replaced by a racing dude in town who is super busy. car drives great, but the heat is blasting no matter what I do. when I asked him he mentioned that my heater control valve is jerry rigged with a zip tie, which it is. I checked and the thing does move when i move the heater controller lever but in both states, I feel heat at the vents, and of course hot air when i turn on the fan.

for one I am curious if there are any other troubleshooting steps i can take because prior to the clutch job the problem wasnt there. I hate to take it back to the guy because he is awesome but he takes forever because he is always out of town on race crews and I am more of a daily driver type low priority guy compared to some of the super sweet cars I see around. the HCV replacement job also seems doable? a couple hours?

if you vote that I should replace the HCV, I am curious if there are any other while you are in there things. someone on here very helpfully gave me a nice list of seals and tubes to update when I had the manifold off and was doing my fuel lines, so if there were any other surrounding bits I should update, that would be helpful to know. the car is still coming back into shape with a lot of aging OEM stuff still all over the place (I'm sure you guys are familiar hehe)

thx and have a nice day
Old 03-30-2017 | 03:22 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

it's super easy if you pull the intake manifold.
while youre in there may as well do AOS seals.
Old 03-30-2017 | 03:51 PM
jbob
Racer

haha AOS seals are brand new from last time I took off the manifold. would I need new paper seals for the manifold if i just put new ones on last summer? also, how about hoses to the HCV or mounts? seems like my HCV is dangling a little, and that could be part of the problem.

thx for the reply
Old 03-30-2017 | 09:37 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

He probably moved your HCV when he removed the reference sensors for the clutch job. The cable is probably not able to close the valve completely so you get heat. Move the lever and observe the HCV. Hopefully he didn't knock off the clip to the HCV. That thing is a Bitch to get back on.

Quick Reply: Heater control Valve - troubleshooting, and WYIT