Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Early 944 Sunroof Lifter

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 05:21 PM
mikehayes
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Early 944 Sunroof Lifter

Hey guys,
I recently decided to tackle my non-working-since-purchase sunroof. I am tired of hand craking the damn thing constantly. I checked the fuse, all good; checked the rear relays, PO pulled them. Ordered new ones and now it seems to function normally (console switch is broken, but worked well enough to test before the new one gets here) I also had to adjust the clutch/slip bolt on the sunroof motor, I have no idea if it's too tight now, any have an idea on how far down the nut should be? The covers on the boxes that hold the lifter arms are crumbling and I'm worried they will break with continued use. I looked and it seems the early style is nla. Does anyone know where to source these before I try to make my own out of sheet metal? Also, the motor pushes the arms to the top of their range and then makes a loud clicking noise until the console switch is released. According to Clark's garage I should check the limit switch at the end of the tube connected to the motor, correct? Anything specific I should look for there?
Thanks,
-Mike
Old 03-14-2017, 10:00 PM
pfarah7
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 148 Posts

Mike,
There's so much to discuss... Try reading through Clark's Garage tutorial on the sunroof assembly and feel free to PM me with contact info; I have some knowledge with the early models as I've been futzing with mine for over 4 yrs and may be able to shed some light.

Patrick

Quick Reply: Early 944 Sunroof Lifter