Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European counterpart of Reno SQR-46

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Kaenned
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European counterpart of Reno SQR-46

Hi guys

I've bought a '87 944S which is imported from the US to Denmark where I live, but unfortunately that means that the FM band doesn't fit to European FM-band frequencies.

I want to keep it original (and a EU version of the radio costs a fortune), so I want to change the FM receiver in the radio into one that can receive the European frequencies, but in order to locate the correct part to change in it, I need to know where the differences lie between a US radio and a EU one.

As far as I can tell, the Blaupunkt Reno SQR-46 is the same as the Bremen SQR-46, so my logic would be that the Reno was made for the american market, and the Bremen for the European market. Does anyone know? And has anyone here made the changes and know if its relatively easy to do? We're thinking of using the two electric diagrams to locate the part that needs to be changed, but obviously I need to compare my Reno diagram, with the European version carrying the different receiver.

My friend is an electrical engineer so we are also investigating the option to build in a Bluetooth receiver in the original radio. Has anyone done that?

Hope someone can help me out, as I really don't want a modern headunit destroying the look of my dashboard.

Kind regards
Kenneth

Quick Reply: European counterpart of Reno SQR-46