Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One year of ownership review. (long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Ben Plaisted
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking One year of ownership review. (long)

First off just a little history. I purchased my 89 NA a little over a year ago. Oct 18th actually. 72,xxx miles. When I purchased it I didnt get any PPI. I didnt know anything about 944s but I liked the look of it and so I test drove it. I smiled as soon as I sat in the seat, it felt as though the seats were hugging me. The handling was nothing I had ever felt before. After the test drive I knew I liked it but it wasn't sure until I sat back in, my now winter car (93 impreza) . It felt like driving a truck. So the next day I went to the bank and got a loan. A few days later she was in my garage. Since I bought it in oct I decided to let her sit for the winter. After finding this forum (now my homepage) I've learned alot about 944s. The timing belt was a big worry for me. Fortunatley I found that the previous owner not only had the manual but he had the maintenance book and the brochures from 89 tucked nicely in the glove compartment. He had records from the day he bought it in 89. Now for the review. I still love it as much if not more than the day of purchase.
Ownership cost: $200/month for loan $170/month ins. + gas and oil

Maintenance/fixing cost: This is where I have had the porsche Gods on my side. $45 dollars for Belt tensioning at 75k miles and inspection sticker. Yep that sums it all up.
From what I've read around the boards I've been really forunate. I say this now because I just put her up for the winter. I didnt' want to jinx anything. I look forward to next april when she comes back out from hibernating.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:36 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow another glacier blue 89 944 na! Do you have pics? You better join www.p-caronline.com (free) and upload your pictures!

-Matt
Old 11-03-2003, 12:51 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's cool. I've owned my 924S for about 2 years. (march) and I've loved every minute of it...just not every dollar into it... they are great cars.

Quick Reply: One year of ownership review. (long)