Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace with update or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 12:55 PM
FSTPRSH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace with update or not?

I've been cleaning/deburring my spare engine for the past two weeks and am now at a fork in the road. Concern now is the oil cooler. My housing is fine, and the intercooler itself is great (had it pressure tested, no leaks). The manuals say that there was an update done to the cooler housing, all that was done was a small (approx. 1/16") deletion of the intercooler-to-housing surface. I can use mine, assuming the parts are still available for that style, that could be why they updated, don't know. I'm going to run KISS Engineering's Auxilary Cooler (from Paragon), it's an external cooler that works in conjunction with the stock cooler, designed for the 951s but Jason said they can do an N/A setup as well. But should I go ahead and use the one I have now and save $300, or get a newer one? I usually don't care about cost, as long as it is done right, but if it's not necissary... Perry did an update to his IIRC, from an 86 to an 87 cooler. Anyone have any specifics on that?

Quick Reply: Replace with update or not?