Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super bearings - torque tube drive shaft installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Super bearings - torque tube drive shaft installation

Ok i have installed all the bearings in my torque tube. Now I'm getting ready to install the drive shaft. It says that you can use a gear pulle to push it in once you have it almost all the way in. However where do you hook up the puller on the torque tube on the transmission side?
Old 07-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just go to the back and push on it while someone holds the clutch pedal in. if the disc is aligned right it will slide in with a gentle push.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:11 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

I've used a large Snap-on gear puller without its yoke to fine-tune the drive shaft depth in the torque tube. Minus its yoke, spread long arms wide to grab the rear flange. Hope this helps -- good luck!
Old 07-19-2016, 01:02 AM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I talked with Constantine today from Black Sea R&D. And everything people say about him it's true - he is a real standup individual and went out of his way to explain the product and how it should be properly installed. I was super impressed with his professionalism and earnestness to explain the prodduct to me. The bearings I installed from him were of very high quality and worth every penny in my opinion. On further discussion regarding my driveshaft condition I described some slop with the pilot bearing fit. Considering this has the possibility of causing unwanted vibration it made the best sense to get a new driveshaft. Constantine gave me several options from a new driveshaft (ones that he actually fabricates that are stronger than OEM) all the way to a refurbished driveshaft - he can supply both, I ordered the refurbished driveshaft seeing I don't need the stronger new units he makes for my stock engine. I cannot wait to see the product! If it is anything like the super bearings I will be more than pleased. I will keep you all up-to-date.

I will say that if you are contemplating the torque tube rebuild I highly suggest you call Constantine and talk to him first before you plunk your money down on OEM bearings.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 134 Posts

I agree wholeheartedly! Constatine helped me do a rebuild on my TT also..He provided diagrams, bearing depth to reseat the bearings, and a bunch of other help...A great stand-up gentleman!! he deserves a BIG SHOUT OUT!! Thanks.

Quick Reply: Super bearings - torque tube drive shaft installation