Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NNJR autox @ PNC...how was it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003 | 12:53 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Default NNJR autox @ PNC...how was it?

So how'd it go?

Did Roca reclaim his #1 spot?
Old 10-12-2003 | 01:07 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

i got FTD.
Old 10-12-2003 | 01:49 AM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Dan what were you driving? I didn't notice you out there. Well, I didn't do to good, after getting consistantly poor times I took some advice of Dave's and Zoltan's and drastically changed my driving style. I immediatly shaved off 2 whole seconds from my time. Then I decided to take Zoltan for a ride, it was going good until I decided to hot dog it and spun out pretty bad, from then on I was cursed and had issues with spinning out and having horrible brake lock up. Thanks Zoltan!!!! (He is one crazy driver, but damn good)

Christian
Old 10-12-2003 | 01:50 AM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Oh yeah, Rocca had to leave early, I think his alternator crapped out or something.

Christian
Old 10-12-2003 | 09:29 AM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Jim did end up getting 1st. Even with only taking his morning runs. He put down a blazing 46.09. I got a 46.5x and Zoltan ended up with a 46.7x. It was a pretty tricky course and I kept screwing up this one turn.

Dave from Powertech was also driving Jim's car and that's when the problems started. They were dead in the water when I got back from a run and I had to give them a jump. It got started but was running really rough so they decided to call it a day. I gave them a spare battery I had and that seemed to help the problem a bit. It was probably the alternator. They were headed all the way back to Powertech and I hope they got there.

Otherwise, it was a beautiful day. Damien and Dave showed up. Raj was supposed to come but never made it. A ferrari 360 showed up and the owner let Zoltan do a lap in it! Where were you Adrial?
Old 10-12-2003 | 09:52 AM
Dave
Race Car

Originally posted by Dan Gallagher
i got FTD.
Someone sent you flowers?!?
Old 10-12-2003 | 02:08 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Well, I missed Dave and I called Raj when I was on the way home-turns out he didn't clear the trip with 'she who must be obeyed', so he had to stay home . . .
Old 10-12-2003 | 03:26 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally posted by DerSchlechtSpecht
Dan what were you driving? I didn't notice you out there. Well, I didn't do to good, after getting consistantly poor times I took some advice of Dave's and Zoltan's and drastically changed my driving style. I immediatly shaved off 2 whole seconds from my time. Then I decided to take Zoltan for a ride, it was going good until I decided to hot dog it and spun out pretty bad, from then on I was cursed and had issues with spinning out and having horrible brake lock up. Thanks Zoltan!!!! (He is one crazy driver, but damn good)

Christian
I wasnt there, it was a joke.
Old 10-12-2003 | 05:06 PM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Oh, I get it.

Chrisian
Old 10-13-2003 | 12:22 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally posted by Ken
A ferrari 360 showed up and the owner let Zoltan do a lap in it!
Mmmmmm.... 360 Modena
That is one amazing car! It's got go-cart handling, while you sit in the lap of luxury with a rocket ship attached to your back! Really cool car. However, since it was new, and the owner didn't want me to do anything stupid with it, the paddle shifters were set to non-sport mode, and the traction control remained on. Still, I managed a 50.424 with it, plus a cone. (BTW: My FTD in my S2 was 46.749, like Ken said.)
Ken: great job on a fantastic season: well done! Yeah, Rocca takes the season trophy, but you certainly gave him a run for the money!
Posted by Christian
Then I decided to take Zoltan for a ride, it was going good until I decided to hot dog it and spun out pretty bad, from then on I was cursed and had issues with spinning out and having horrible brake lock up. Thanks Zoltan!!!! (He is one crazy driver, but damn good)
Thanks Christian! It was fun riding along and taking you out for a ride as well! I got a kick out of you yelling "Oh...sh$%^@#$%t!!!!" when I was driving around the 180 sweeper at the top of the 2nd lot. It's always good to know that you're entertaining your passengers!
And yeah, that first run would have been a gem for you, had you not done that perfect spin in the slalom.

Damian, Dave: thanks for stopping by: LOVE the 968 CAB. Very, very pretty. Dave: good luck on your car troubles: get them sorted out before Zone 1: we gotta kick some Metro BUTT!

Quick Reply: NNJR autox @ PNC...how was it?