Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waaaay OT: What music do you listen to?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 11:56 PM
shewchuck
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...and we can't forget 6L6...
Old 10-15-2003, 12:27 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Man the Rat. You don't know how I miss that place. I have one of the supports for the downstairs bar in my closet. I was there the night they closed. Ganggreen was headlining and I told Chris to tell them to destroy the place. Hell the owner didn't care. He did, and they did. Talk about a riot.

Powerman were always rockstars beacuse (in case you didn't know) the lead singer is the brother of Rob Zombie. Brother has always had an attitude. Met him once waiting for the phone at Axis. Jerk.

Otis is also one of the greatest bands. Smith & Wesson is absolutely rocking. All thier CD's are great to put on and go crazy.

454 Big Block was pretty okay.

Hung out with the lead singer for 6L6 a couple of times. One of the great live bands. The lead singer was so quiet and un-assuming off stage. Real good guy.

Ever see Drill out of NY city. great band and i was absolutely in love with Luciana the lead singer. She talked to me enough to really get my hopes up. Plays keyboard for mdmfk now.

http://www.geocities.com/drillnyc/

Pist on was another great band.

Also from Boston

Grind (Every guy I know was in love with the drummer, last I heard she was going out with the lead singer from PM5K)

Upper Crust

The titanics

Mung (FECKING AWESOME!)

Kilgore Smudge

The delusions (greatest band ever)
Old 10-15-2003, 12:43 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Hmm, I'll start with my top three and go from there:

Nine Inch Nails
Jimmy Buffett
Dave Matthews Band
Ministry (anything else from the Wax Trax label)
O.A.R.
Torri Amos
Marilyn Manson
Pearl Jam
Niel Diamond
Jane's Addiction
Queens Of The Stoneage
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Peter Gabrial
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
The White Stripes
Sting
Pink Floyd
U2
Dido
Madonna
Metallica
David Bowie
Front 242
Some old country, the new stuff is just mellow rock
Classical when its live

That sums up what's in my car at the moment.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:46 AM
shewchuck
8th Gear

Yeah the Rat was pretty decent. I don't want to say I almost shed a tear or two when I saw they closed it up, but...I miss that place. My first gig there was w/Stompbox and Head Cleaner. Apparently someone let loose with a gun on the downstairs bar the night before. Bullet holes all over the place...welcome to Boston, right?

Ted (Condo-6L6) was great. Tiny little sh*t but man could he scream. It hurt watching him at times, but it was always a great show. Just Another Day still gives me shivers. Can you still get their music anywhere? Newbury Comcs maybe? Last I knew Wonderdrug was handling their old stock.

I remember Kilgore when they were just starting out @Babyhead in Providence-next thing I know they're touring with Slayer!

Lost touch with the whole scene when I dropped out in '99. After seeing what happened to Stompbox -both Peter and Sony-I guess I lost a bit of faith.

That was a good time, though. I remember coming into town w/o even looking at a paper and could count on seeing at least 3 or 4 good shows on any weekend.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:51 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Almost shed a tear? I still bawl like al ittle girl sometimes. I lived in Dorchester at the time. Read my thread about drinking to much. There all the bartenders know me. When I was in Dorchester walking into the rat was like coming home. Don't remember a time in the last few years it was around that there wasn't friends there, whenever I walked in.

Even had a thanksgiving that was all people from the rat.

Haven't found their stuff, or a lot of other things, in a long time. Forgot about wonderdrug, have to take a look. (found it, some good stuff, but apparently they are hurting, funny the letter from the owner is titled 6L6) Mung is another I've been looking for, for a long time.

Kilgore was cool, I class them with Otis, but Otis was way better.

I left a little before that, moved to NH. Didn't know the other guys in Stompbox, just Eric Thayer, same thing I'm sure. Amazing Musician, all ruined with Heroin.

Where in Vermont? Maybe we could meet up somewhere (I mean hey you have an 84 too, even if it is in slow *** red ) Have a few beers. I'm sure we know some of the same people.

HEaded west this weekend on a foliage run, maybe I could head further to Keene if that's not far from you.

Actually theres another fringe of Boston Music guy I know. Jim Mazarackis. Maybe you know him? He's driving a vette nowadays, but he's still cool.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:52 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

BTW, I'm jealous. Never got to see Stompbox live, just the afterband D'con.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:03 AM
shewchuck
8th Gear

Sid-

easy on the Red, okay...I'm a little sensitive 'bout that...

I unfortunately didn't get to know everyone at the Rat too well-good bunch of Irish blokes if I remember correctly. I definitely remember not wanting to **** off the bouncers...

I was living in Burlington, VT at the time and with everything going on with my band it was hard to get down that way when we weren't playing. We had a club in Burlington that reminded me of the Rat quite a bit-242 Main.
Alot of the Boston bands came up every few weeks and we had quite a few national bands come through. River used to throw parties in the parking lot out back after the show. 50 punk kids getting tanked with Tree in their van at 2:00 AM. Boston Hardwood.

Easily the best I saw was Stompbox, Tree, 6L6, Scissorfight and a couple of Portland bands. Tree ended up doing Stompbox covers most of their set-f^&*^*ing hilarious! Played with Madball and Downset one night. Ray (Downset singer) gave a me a Downset hoodie I still wear to this day.

My bad on Peter-I meant to sat Eric (we called him Peter, kind of a running joke). Sony really killed what was a great band. I still think Stress is one of the best cd's I've heard, period.

Tell me about your run this weekend. I'm in Middlebury, VT (about 2 1/2 hours from Manch/Keene area). I'd be willing to overlook the Red comment and try to hook up.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:31 AM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

Don't forget about....
Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2003, 04:07 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Tree are a grat bunch of guys. Partied at the Treehouse more than once. And been somewhere eating and having a few beers with a buddy when River walked by. Said "Hey River" and waved he came over, sat down and we had a great night. They really are a cool bunch of guys.

Plans for the weekend are to met up here in Nashua, then Head west through Mason. Like I said could easily extend that into Keene. Let me know what you want to do. I could also loop around and head up to Manchester. Great pub there called "Strange Brew"

Let me know.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally posted by SidViscous
Oh yeah. And the Tang site reminded me of another one.

Sam Black Church.
SBC, Tree, wow. Do you know Jonas? Living in Nashua I figure you must've run into him somewhere along the line.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:38 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Probably but I don't know him. All the whack jobs around here hang out at Penuches, I'm there occasionally, but long out of the scene.

I've met SBC a couple of times, but don't really know them.

Told them a funny story but they didn't like it.

Was driving through West Virginia. Was choosing between Tree and SBC to put on the radio. Choose Tree. Before the song finished there's a huge road sign.

Sam Black Church -->

EEEeeeekkkkkk I can take a hint. I put SBC on the radio, got off the exit and actually got to see Sam Black Church.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:09 PM
Sami951
Drifting

Ok, even though nobody asked for it, I know that deep inside you're all craving to hear finnish hip-hop. A friend and a bunch of his friends whom I've never seen produced a promotional album recently... few tunes here...

- KC - Valveunta
- KC - Jos sä diggaat

Muhahahaahaa

Quick Reply: Waaaay OT: What music do you listen to?