Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: yay ARNOLD - the Govinator

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 03:28 PM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't be any worse than what you had

“The dumbo-craps control the legislatures. Don't think they will make it easy on the govonator.”

Hey, If they don’t agree with Arnold hell, he'll just use a gatlin gun and mow them down. Nuph said.

*Arnold after the smoke clears* anyone have any objections! *Looks from left to right* Pauses, *tosses gatlin to the floor walks out of chamber slowly* *Queue uplifting but ominous music* Arnold greets anxious crowd and proudly announces that the legislature is unanimously united! He takes all the credit, and everyone calls him a Cali hero! Hail Arnold, Arnold for President.

Sean changes to a picture of Sylvester Stallone, hands on his forehead elbows on knees sitting on couch in a dimly lit room. *Stallone looks toward the ceiling* Yo! The bastard beat me to it. DAMN!

ARNOLD FOR PRES!!
COMON GUYS WHOS WITH ME

TaboII
Old 10-08-2003, 03:36 PM
roadrunner
Instructor

Perry,

If what we Californians needed was a good businessman running the state, Peter Ueberoth should have been elected. Now we have elected a governor whom none of the republicans candidates would even talk to during the campaign until they realized that he would be the most popular. He is still one of the least qualified, but the biggest losers are the people because it is only to the Republican party that the Republican party serves, not the people. If there's anybody that should be recalled, it should be President Bush. He's doing a worse job of running the country than Davis ever did in running the state, AND he also had a hand in the power debacle that crippled this state's budget surplus, something that Republicans keep trying misconstrue. It seems as though President Bush won't let go of the fact that he did not win this state during his election, and intends to make 30million + people regret it.

BTW, it was nearly this bad 12 years ago with Pete Wilson, and he raised the college tuition 4 times while I was in school, and many of my already graduated friends were being laid off left and right... Back then, nobody was dumb enough to initiate the recall because we all knew the national economy was hurting as well. This time, somebody initiates the recall, but we're too dumb to realize the national economy is hurting so we expect nothing less then California to just stand up on it's own.

Let's look forward to next year's recall and another $75million down the drain...

-Jay
Old 10-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 147 Posts

It will take a constitutional ammendment to open the door for Arnold to run for President. I hope he succeeds as governor.

Personally, I love the idea of recalling a self serving, special interest loving, better bring your checkbook to our meeting, person like Gray Davis. People are starting to realize that "career politicians" like Mr. Davis are mainly concerned with staying career politicians. I think it sends a message to the rest of these guys who live in states where recalls are possible that they better shoot a little straighter, or they could be unemployed.

Talk about a fall from grace. Davis was on many people's short lists for VP heading into the 2000 presidential elections and there was even talk of him running for president. So much for that.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The really relevant question in these Rennlist forums is:

"Will Arnold drive a Porsche?"
Old 10-08-2003, 04:12 PM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Default Mueder death kill

NO way, he drives a Hummer. Hell, why not **** everybody off. Yes a constitutional amendment will have to be passed to make Arnold the Pres. I saw that movie too, so many MDK's "Murder death kills" DAMN! *Beeb* * you are fined one credit for use of offensive language*

Arnold cant do any worse than good old boy Bush, I mean common who are we kidding, every one of Bushes old time buddies is getting rich at the cost of way to many of our lives, jobs and liberties it isn’t even funny. “And I say this even though I thought he would do some good in the office!!! Man was I duped. Can I have my money back on this one.

TaboII
Old 10-08-2003, 05:34 PM
elf89
Pro

Recalls are stupid and unconstitutional. A set term allows an elected official time to enact their policies and make tough decisions. The threat of recall forces them to sway with public opinion and nothing gets done.

Folks who believe that one guy has that much power over an economy as large as California's are sadly mistaken. The legislature certainly has to collude and numerous outside influences come into play.

I refrain from having an opinion on Davis or Ahnold because I don't live in California, but I do believe the rampant tactic of recall elections diminishes the effectiveness of our society. The longest elected term I'm aware of is 6 years, most are shorter. The framers already limited the amount of damage that can be done before the politician is subject to a vote, and, in my opinion, they set up a pretty good system.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:10 PM
Water944t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course, noone seems to have a problem with the fact that a foriegn-born individual with known ties to the **** party and many other skeletons now runs the 4th largest economy on the planet.

Go figure.

I suspect the founding fathers are a wee bit pissed. Not to mention all the men who gave lives in WW2.

I don't think it was a good choice for California or America, but hey, these are the Crazy Years.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:19 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Honestly I'm glad to see that he's governor, but just like people laying the blame or good fortune of a country or a state at the feet of the highest governing official of that area (governor or president), it's really quite silly. Congress or state legislatures are the ones that have to vote on these things, they are also usually much more responsible for what happens within their governed area than the single individual is. The president or governor may go out and push for those things that they want to see changed, but without the legislative bodies being willing to work with them to make things better, it can not happen and will not happen. There are always fluctuations and market corrections in any economy or any situation and the national economy is no different. The climb started in the 80s as spending with the government rose toward a strong military and in the end I hear that the "good years" of the early 90s were all the good of Clinton who was too busy stealing things out of the White House and getting interns under his desk to know what the heck was going on.

Anyway, each politician is supposed to be up there doing the will of the people in their district/state/country and many of them don't....they all have their own agendas and their own ideas and career asprirations. Since right now Arnold (except for going to Congress) is really about the top of the ladder in his political reach, I hope he can really shine. Sometimes you need someone who isn't involved in the climb and the politics to get in there and clean up the mess. I think they did the "Arnold" character on The Simpsons going to become President and killing Congress already....
Old 10-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Waahhhhoooooo! How about Johnny Depp for governor of Florida?

The Deppinator!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:40 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by Carrera51
Talk about a fall from grace. Davis was on many people's short lists for VP heading into the 2000 presidential elections and there was even talk of him running for president. So much for that.

Could it be that the recall was all about Goring Gray-Out Dooffus???

Hmmm... Could be!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:44 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by Water944t
Of course, noone seems to have a problem with the fact that a foriegn-born individual with known ties to the **** party and many other skeletons now runs the 4th largest economy on the planet.

Let's see Arnold is about 60 years old. The end of WW2 was in 1945. Arnold would have been two or three years old.

Yeap! Do hope his diapers didn't fall down as he took the oath.

That's the 5th largest.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:51 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by elf89
Recalls are stupid and unconstitutional. A set term allows an elected official time to enact their policies and make tough decisions. The threat of recall forces them to sway with public opinion and nothing gets done.
Don't confuse your opinion with constitutional law. If the process of a recall was unconstitutional the dumbo-craps would have been all over it. Besides in recent California history it's been the dumbo-craps that have sponsored the most attempts at recalling the governor.

Gray-Out Dooffus was handed an $8,000,000,000 surplus. Now we have a $30,000,000,000 deficit with another $8,000,000,000 projected for the next fiscal year.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Water944t
Pro

Originally posted by SoCal Driver
Let's see Arnold is about 60 years old. The end of WW2 was in 1945. Arnold would have been two or three years old.

Yeap! Do hope his diapers didn't fall down as he took the oath.

That's the 5th largest.
So by your logic, everything and everyone associated with the **** party magically vanished in 1945? Get a clue, the **** party still has thousands of members, and a fairly real political power in many places. But I guess you would need to get your news from another source than Nickleodeon to know that.

I still stand by my opinion that Ah-nold was a bad choice for America. His election only makes us look even sillier on the international stage. What a circus, only way it could have been lamer was to elect the **** star.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:56 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by Water944t
So by your logic, everything and everyone associated with the **** party magically vanished in 1945? Get a clue, the **** party still has thousands of members, and a fairly real political power in many places. But I guess you would need to get your news from another source than Nickleodeon to know that.

I still stand by my opinion that Ah-nold was a bad choice for America. His election only makes us look even sillier on the international stage. What a circus, only way it could have been lamer was to elect the **** star.
Ooooo! Liberal personal attack!

I would rather have an ex-**** than a dumbo-crap!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is too weird. But the stranger thing is that so many people voted for him.

But hey, it makes things exciting for the rest of the world to watch, eh?

Quick Reply: OT: yay ARNOLD - the Govinator