Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: parts from an '86 944 turbo, Tampa, FL

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 12:32 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank YOU Allen for your consideration.

I was actually planning to use the mats as show pieces in BOTH the Jubilee / Celebration car and my like colored (both are Satin Black Metallic paints) '89- 951. I would NOT be using them as daily use pieces, but for Concours and Show and Shine events in the PCA world. The #757 coded car has the light grey plush carpet as you said and the M030 - turbo is triple black. I think the mats would look great in either car as an accent and freshen the look from the lightly used black mats which came in both cars.

As to the diffuser I am going to use it on a series 2 Normal. They were an option available on all 944s in series 2 model and standard for the 951s.

Yes, continue to unearth what you have along the lines of small pieces and I may buy more as well from you.

How were the bumper pads ? OR, did they go with the bumpers ?
Also , do you have a rear wiper arm assembly that is usable ? One which is complete ( blade rubber is un-important, but assembly is needed in total form. )

I will think of more.

I will commit to the mats and the diffuser. Any bolts and other pieces ( washers or shims ) which are needed for the attachment assy. on the mounts would be nice as well .......

Last edited by mrgreenjeans; 03-31-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:56 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Don, the navy mats will look great in the M757 car with the blue/grey plaid, and should set off the light grey carpet nicely. And, as you said, should be a subtle accent in the black/black turbo.

Re: diffuser...didn't realize it was a factory option for all 944/2.

Re: rear wiper assemble...can't help here, as this '86, like my '86, did not come optioned with a rear wiper. Though, I'm sure Luis has a dozen collecting dust on one of his shelves.

Re: rear bumper pads...don't think any of the rubber trim on this car [side mirrors, rear spoiler, bumper pads] would meet your, discriminating, standard. They are probably a 3/10, or 4/10, at best. From the looks of things, the car has sat outside, in FL weather, for at least the last 4 or 5 years. If you're still interested in them, I'll take a couple photos and just throw them in your package for nothing.

Re: fasteners/washers...I was surprised to see how many internal and external [non-coated/non-plated] fasteners on this car were weathered/oxidized. Again, probably not up to your selective standard. But, will pour through the bucket of nuts/bolts that came with the car and see if any would pass muster.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:35 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Thanks again...

Was a delete plug used in the hatch hole where wiper arm extended ? OR, did you have one of the hatch glasses without the plug ? I understand the hole-free glass may have come along much later ? true ? or did you get one with a plastic or metal plug ?
I may be interested in that plug as well.

I agree about the effects of climate upon our cars in Florida. I keep a car there as well and it is in a building without windows, thankfully. Having seen how pervasive the sun is in damaging vehicles left outside there, am convinced the climate is just as hostile in some ways as that in the winter areas, just in a more heat intense, lichen devouring (paint and rubber) way. When answering ads for Porsches or Audis for sale while wintering there, I am somewhat horrified at what I have found. I have taken photos of some of the carnage...... it's horrible what years in the sun, salt air, leaf and tannin producing acid laden coatings, will do to a car. When I viewed this 928 for sale, take a look at the poor 2 door hardtop MOPAR sitting next to it ......

....... encouraging us ALL at this point in their decrepit lives: " rust never sleeps. Please take good care of your loves."
Old 04-01-2016, 04:09 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Agree, Don...the FL elements can be as invasive as any found in the northern, road-salted, climates. Sad to see those cars, especially the 928, in such a terrible place/state.

Not sure when the hole-free hatches came along. This one, as my '86, has a [metal?] plug in place of the wiper assembly. Will set that plug aside for you, as well.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:38 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Don, not sure what you intend to do with the bumper pads, but FYSA, Mike "odonnell" [TX] has some early 944 parts listed under the thread titled, "Free and cheap parts...", including front/rear pads that he's practically giving away.

His pads have to be in better condition than the ones off my car. And, he may have a few choice spares you might want to put on the shelf for your early cars.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:41 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Folks, will be back with the car the week of 25 Apr for the first round of part removing/cleaning/shipping.

Currently in the process of following up with everyone that has claimed parts, statused in the first post of this thread, via private message, email, and text.

Note: a status of PENDING indicates a claim of interest with no funds having yet been exchanged. Status will be updated to SOLD when parts have been paid/shipped.

Any [additional] requests made through 29 Apr will be dispositioned/shipped that day. Feel free to inquire about any small/trim parts, as well.

Last edited by mel_t_vin; 04-06-2016 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:41 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Will be back with the car next week for the first round of packing/shipping parts.

Have followed up with everyone that has claimed items, to date, via text/email for further coordination.

If you believe you have claimed items but have not heard from me via text/email this week, please follow up here, through private message, or via email.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:15 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Allen,
Got your email and will send payment......

Thanks for the sale, and certainly appreciate you have made these available! Sorry that another has left our shores. Please know that the items will be going to a good home and help preserve the lives of several more into the next generation of 944/951 admirers.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:34 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

No worries, Don.

Re: the demise of yet another...yeah, I lose sleep over that, too. But have no doubt that those NOS mats will go to good use...and have finally found their way to their pre-ordained resting place.

In any case, will follow up with you next week after your items have shipped. Safe travels.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:37 PM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Have followed up with everyone that has claimed items, to date, via email/message/text.

Getting ready to ship the first round of parts tomorrow.

Next round of pulling/packing/shipping probably won't be for another four to six weeks. If you post any questions/dibs in this thread, please forward any part inquiries/requests via email for quickest response.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:56 PM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

I got the word my items were sent to, and arrived at my farm; am REALLY looking forward to getting into the boxes and looking these goodies over !

Got your email and will send on photos in the Jubilee car both here, and by email when I get back. Look for a letter of 'thanks' at your w.c. address ~

Thanks again !
Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Status of items in first post has been updated. Next round of parts will probably pack/ship in Jul.

Don, how do those navy mats look in your Jubilee?
Old 05-26-2016, 09:49 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Allen:

I have not put them in yet, but I did get the pkg. unwrapped and they look spectacular !

Thank YOU for the opportunity .....

Have a trip out to Montana on the long weekend and will post photos of the car I own there, then back to here where I will be prepping the Jubilee/ Celebration car for a great show in Mpls the end of June.

The mats will go in then and I will post some photos of it. I can't wait to see the result.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:51 AM
dzaprev
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

What condition is the short block?
Old 06-16-2016, 07:57 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

The head is currently off and from what I recall, there is minor scoring on the cylinder walls. Have not measured the top ridge, but the handful of other motors I've seen/touched had more severe ridges. Will be back with the car in a few weeks and can take some close ups if you are interested. Have never removed the pan.

Any other questions I can answer?

Edit: BTW, is this for the '86 turbo you are considering? If so, and you decide to buy that car, I would follow up with Collin [call sign: ausgeflippt951] in DC and purchase the running motor, pulled out of his car at 130k, he has for sale. Suspect his is probably plug and play. FWIW, wouldn't install my motor without rebuilding it...at least main bearings, rod bearings, balance bearings, head gasket, and front seals.

Last edited by mel_t_vin; 06-16-2016 at 10:48 AM. Reason: clarification

Quick Reply: FS: parts from an '86 944 turbo, Tampa, FL