Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now the battery is leaking!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Highway T
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Now the battery is leaking!

You may have noticed a separate thread a few days ago on my (probable) earthing problems. I am going to invest in the IceShark grounds but looking around today I noticed the battery is leaking at a seam below the -ve terminal and corroding the battery tray.

Before anyone asks the corrosion is nowhere near the cables.

I will replace the battery and clean up/neutralize tomorrow but do you think this is coincidence or a symptom of a bigger problem?

Cheers,

Chris
Old 09-27-2003, 10:54 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say it is a coincidental failure. The 16 year old cables are going to be shot from age and the heat cycling without any help from other factors.

Someone probably smacked your battery in original transit. So you are leaking now as the injury finally made it all the way through and opened a leak. Replace the battery, there was a thread in the last week where we went through the various options on replacements so find and read that so you can make an informed decision on what you want.

And lay on the baking soda paste heavy and let it sit for a day before you wash it off. That should take care of the acid and insure you don't get the dreaded leaking battery box.

Quick Reply: Now the battery is leaking!