Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifter Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 01:38 PM
EJZero1
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tiger03447
@EZero. have been contemplating adding a Zeitronix unit to my car upon re-assembly. How do you like it and was the install pretty simple?
Install was pretty straight forward. Most tedious part for me was being absolutely sure what wires I was tapping into at the harness. Soldering at the harness in the passenger footwell was less than comfortable, but more of an inconvenience than anything else.

Depending where you mount the box, you probably want to add the wiring extensions when you place your order. I did not initially see this as an issue, but it turned out to be. I mounted mine in the glove box and the short wires included in the standard kit were not long enough to reach the harness where I wanted to tap into it. I ended up soldering extensions to each of the wires I used. The colors of the extension wires don't match those of the Zeitronix harness, but I had everything labeled and was very familiar with what wires went where. (This was new territory for me, so I probably spent an hour of planning/verifying for every minute of actual soldering!)

Haven't taken her out on the road yet, but all monitoring functions seem to be working. Was going to hook up the laptop and make sure all of the logging software worked today, but just discovered my laptop doesn't have the appropriate pin-type port. Apparently there is a converter to go from the pin-type plug to USB connection I need to find.

Feel free to shoot me any questions you might have as my experience with the install is pretty fresh. Speaking of questions, I'd be remiss here if I didn't thank Tom M'Guinness for his help as I bounced my thoughts/questions off of him during my install process. Thanks, Tom!

Quick Reply: Lifter Noise