Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resetting airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 02:25 PM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt O.
Apologies Steve. To clarify, I am not sure if there is or is not a "special tool" -- I just know the Clarks Garage "tool" takes about 2 minutes to build. Your dealer probably doesn't know because, well, it's a 944 and not a Cayman.

Good luck!
Hey now, that hurts!!! LOL- not all of us dealer tech's are clueless... one of my customers cars that i help "Restore" is about to be on display at OPD!!

Mark
Old 08-31-2017, 06:16 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark and Matt, thanks for your help.

My 944 S2 is a 1989 model year. Is there a special tool ? Is there diagnostic plug on my car ?

Frustration continues, when I went to drive the car last night, the damn pop up headlights now don't come up. I am thinking that the technician somehow influenced that situation.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:46 PM
marky522
Drifting

Originally Posted by steve g
Mark and Matt, thanks for your help.

My 944 S2 is a 1989 model year. Is there a special tool ? Is there diagnostic plug on my car ?

Frustration continues, when I went to drive the car last night, the damn pop up headlights now don't come up. I am thinking that the technician somehow influenced that situation.
in the passenger footwell use a flash light to look up behind the glove box. You should find a 3 wire flat connector that isnt connected to anything. The procedure on clarks garage will have you ground this pin for 5 second intervals 3 times i believe. I use an alligator clip from that connector routed to drivers seat, then another alligator clip to the drivers door pin then just connect/disconnect the alligator clips as directed.

Regarding the headlights- while its easy to assume because you found the headlights inop after getting the car back it was caused by the technician, and it very well could have been, being respectful when speaking with the service advisor about it will normally get you better results even if it isnt related- not too imply you wouldnt be- but a day doesnt go by that a Technician doesnt hear "Ever since you did xxx my car does xxx" - and even a good tech gets frustrated with it- a little understanding goes a long way. I can tell you that i cant think of a situation off the top of my head that would cause this situation, but that also doesnt mean its not possible either- i will look at my wiring diagrams tomorrow when i get to work to see if i can offer any assistance.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:11 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark, thank you again for your help. I will let you know how it goes as soon as I get started.

Regarding the headlights, I was just a little frustrated and not meaning to place blame but it sure was a strange coincidence. This is one of the largest Porsche dealers in our area. There is also a note from the service adviser - code 323 # ignition pull circuit open circuit 27. I have no idea what that means.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:48 PM
marky522
Drifting

Originally Posted by steve g
Mark, thank you again for your help. I will let you know how it goes as soon as I get started.

Regarding the headlights, I was just a little frustrated and not meaning to place blame but it sure was a strange coincidence. This is one of the largest Porsche dealers in our area. There is also a note from the service adviser - code 323 # ignition pull circuit open circuit 27. I have no idea what that means.
Oh i totally understand, and wasnt trying to say the tech didnt cause it, just that it may have been an unfortunate coincedence.

I looked quickly at the wiring diagrams for the headlight motor- there are 4 wires-

pin 1 - red/blue - 30 power - fuse 2. (Should have power all the time)
pin 2 - brown- ground
pin 3 - red/green - fuse 16 - signal from headlight switch (should have power with head lights turned off?)
pin 4 - yellow/blue - fuse 37 - signal from head light switch (should have power with headlights turned all the way on)

I looked quickly at the wiring diagram and found this info- i hope i deciphered the headlight switch correctly but pretty sure i did-

mark

Mark
Old 09-18-2022, 09:54 PM
bobinnova
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 1991 944S2. The Molex connector was nowhere to be found and I was stumped. I even removed the glove box but still couldn't find the Molex connector. It wasn't until moving the carpet in the footwell and taking out the wood board behind it. Once I did that, the Molex connector was just above the DME. The reset process was simple and only took a couple of tries using the reset tool as outlined in Clark's Garage.

Last edited by bobinnova; 09-19-2022 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Resetting airbag light