Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREE CAR in Portsmouth VA (or how you can save a Turbo)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015 | 12:30 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

I need to look through the two boxes of parts that were with the car. He said he pulled the harness from inside the car and has a replacement in with all the parts. Dash and door panels are out so I am assuming that replacing the harness means he had to pull all the wiring in the passenger compartment. Since the trip took longer than I thought, I didn't get time to take a good look at everything. Plan on doing that Monday morning after I get my sons off to school.
Old 08-16-2015 | 10:44 AM
kombatrok
Pro

Thanks to all for your support and most of all to Mark, who has gone incredibly out of his way to help out a complete stranger.

The status of the car the last time I had been working on it was this:

Dash and fuse box removed, entire wiring harness from the fuse box back was removed as well since it was impossible to tell exactly what needed to be repaired in the wiring after some of the wires burned up behind the headlight switch. (The big harness coming off the fuse box goes pretty much everywhere in the car, except under the hood)

I have a replacement wiring harness with the car that I had prepped to go in and a replacement fuse box. Running the wires is pretty much just plug and play, with the only trouble spot being running some wires behind the AC stuff in the middle of the dash.

I'm not asking for anyone to work on the car, as it was my project and I hadn't made much progress on it in quite a while since I was focused on working on my 928 before I left. I ended up getting deployment orders for about a month sooner than I thought I would be leaving and unfortunately didn't have time to wrap up a few loose ends before I left.

Eddie
Old 08-17-2015 | 04:47 AM
msl1956
1st Gear

As a former Marine and Retired Sailor, I salute you on your incredible gesture. And as a proud owner of an '86 951, all I can say is cool...really, really cool!

Quick Reply: FREE CAR in Portsmouth VA (or how you can save a Turbo)