Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Early Birthday Present/need Help, Ideas And Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 12:56 AM
savage944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Early Birthday Present/need Help, Ideas And Advice

Ok friends and neighbors.... First, to quote a ridiculous movie....Dont be hating..... Also this is a long post, your warned, but Im so excited...let me enjoy it till the wife burst my buble... course now might be a good time to review the will.

No really I have a good relationship, I wear the pants in the family, downside is she usually tells me which pair to put on.

I Got a great Birthday present even if its a few weeks early:

I am now the prould owner of 4 yea thats right 4 Porsche 924 Turbos, 931 oh yea. No I am not bosting or bragging, I did my part for conservation of that most endangered species.... 20 year old Porsches.....

Of course they need work, they havent run in a few years, but where running when they where parked.

I saved them from the crusher, even if I did buy them myself. I will also need some help here.... The wife doesnt know I got four.. yea going to be H$#% when she finds out....

Unless I figure out a way to sell her on the idea.... but just couldnt let them go... guess you might say all I could see was what they could look like... I must have shot 200 pics of them... they are rough.... but I love them... how can you not love a 20 year old porsche. Crazy thing is Im no impulse shopper, but something about those cars... and the work it will take, I just love the idea of wrenching on them... one after the other, now thats stress relief... till I hit the first bolt that wont come lose......#$&#@)$(&#@ hahaha

Got 1x82, 2x81, 1x80.

I will be looking for lots of help on these MY intent is to go Carrera GT with atleast two of them, and I am darn sure going to be looking at importing or making Euro style parts for them.

I Put one of the turbo hoods on my 84 944 tonight at 10pm in the front yard at that... even washed all the dirt and dust off it just to see it shine... well of course it shines when its wet hehehe, I think I will be using another hood for the Fiberglass hoods.... seems to me lots of people want a fiberglass NACA/Turbo Style hood, so I think we will drop the bone stock hood plans and go after the turbo style.

I plan on mounting the old hood of my 84 on the wall after I get it primed and painted.... going to do some sort of Lemans or other race inspired paint job on it and Im not going to fix the dents or dings... ANY IDEAS on what to paint on it... besides a bullseye...hahaha.

Yea for those of you are interested I will be parting out some of the stuff from these cars. Since I plan on going to the Carrera Gt on two of them, will be dumping the front fenders and HOODS, yep I want to either go with fiberglass, custom or the hood mounted scoop....

not sure but I know their must be plenty of you Rennlisters who can give me ideas....

The downside to the little city/town I live in, I can only have one of the cars at the house at a time unless I get rid of or move my other porsche.

That shell will be gone in a week.

OK PEOPLE LET ME HAVE IT< Lay it on me... ideas, advice... My first porsche was a 77 1/2 special,...I still have the bronze plate attached next to the shifter comemorating Lemans or some such... might be off on year, that was 10 years ago and it was 924, these 931s are a different animal.

I know three are 5 bolt, one has 16" rims, trash can lids, the other has the phone dial 15", another has the BBS 15", and the last has the 4 bolt BBS style.

Got to dig into them and find the options codes... I need help on that as well. Once I get one here at the house, I am looking forward to having some people drop by and take a look at her, maybe help me figure the options and such out.

Also does anyone have ideas on storage? I need to store atleast one, got a place for two, plus the one in the yard, leaves one... hemmm? Ideas

Thank you all for rekindling the passion that is owning a Porsche...

Hey you think I can convince the Wife that I bought it for my 7 year old son??? maybe one...

All I need is to put a few of them in the yard on blocks, throw parts all around the yard....

Last edited by savage944; 09-16-2003 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:25 AM
ACG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Re: Early Birthday Present/need Ideas And Advice

Originally posted by savage944
Hey you think I can convince the Wife that I bought it for my 7 year old son???
Savage,

Yes, you can do it! After all,I was able to convince my wife the 951 was for the cats!!!

Congrats on your find!

Andrew
Old 09-16-2003, 01:36 AM
savage944
Racer

Andrew thanks for the support.

We have 3 cats... hemm I could say one of the cars is an out door shelter for the cars... hemm she might suspicious if I never let them in the cars.... and they rarely go out... ah but I could put one in the garage as a jungle gym for the cats.... that means cleaning the garage... errr.....

Hemm....

What to do....
Old 09-16-2003, 03:08 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might want to throw and "l" on the end of the url in your sig
make it:
http://www.geocities.com/savage944/x3m944.html
not
http://www.geocities.com/savage944/x3m944.htm

John
Old 09-16-2003, 05:53 AM
944Play
Pro

I thought all 931s had 5 lug hubs. Whatever.

One could be gutted for autocross/track.
One could be pimped out like a lowrider. Candyapple metallic flake, wire spoke wheels, hydraulics, red velvet interior, chain steering wheel, lotsa fringe.
One could be a 937 impostor.
One could be restored to showroom for your boy.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:06 AM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you say fenders??? My kid needs a set of above average fenders for his '78 924...Hmmmmmmm.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:59 AM
savage944
Racer

Yes I did say fenders, I will have them off in the next few days.

Darn I didnt even notice that on my sig. Thanks John.... oh the horror... all that work on my homepages... and not a soul could look at them.... haha.

Hemmm A 937.... Yea atleast 2 of them.. Carrera GT... not sure If I would want to go even further for a GTS/GTR Proably end up with a Hybrid either way. Maybe use a 968 look for the rear....

And no not all 931 porsches had 5 lug, some where 4 lug, but not sure why???

Got to figure out the options.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:44 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when ya start selling parts head over to 924.org, you'll sell a lot over there too.

Mark
Old 09-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was this like a group buy of 924's?
Old 09-16-2003, 12:32 PM
savage944
Racer

A group buy of 931's to be specific, He had four 924 turbos, I didnt want to see them get crushed and they are in to good a shape to just stip and dismantle... but man I am going to have a heck of a time storing them..... errr....

That and fending off the wife.... MY next post may be on how to comfortably sleep in a 924.....

Quick Reply: Early Birthday Present/need Help, Ideas And Advice