Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A bit of an introduction.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 08:02 PM
coldfuzion76
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bit of an introduction.

I've been a lurker, and sometimes poster here for a while now. But I realized the other day that I've never really introduced myself and my car. I bought it last fall, and have slowly been working on getting things the way I wanted. I could have probably changed timing belts and just driven it as I worked, but I jumped in head first and ripped out the interior, and started suspension work, and the timing belts all at the same time. I get distracted easily. Lol. But anyway, this forum has been a big help and inspiration for me. I especially like Wilson's thread, and the ongoing improvement of information about microsquirt, which will be my next project for my car when I get the interior in. But anyway, my car is an '86 NA. So far, the mods are: 4 degree cam key, Ground Control coilovers with deleted torsion bars. Elephant Racing polybronze torsion tube bushings, Racers Edge delrin in the rear, Weltmeister poly up front, M030 sway bars and brace from Lindsey Racing, Hawk HPS pads, and Zimmerman rotors. Sunroof motor and rear wiper were deleted when I bought her, and I'm collecting parts to delete the power windows. About convinced myself I can live without A/C, too. Doesn't work at the moment anyway. Anyway, there's still lots to do, but I wanted to thank all of you guys on here for all the information that you've shared. I'm sure my car would thank you, too.

Name:  IMG_20150723_152429_zpsl9rprbp9.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  356.8 KB

Last edited by coldfuzion76; 07-23-2015 at 08:09 PM. Reason: forgot image link
Old 07-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like a great car and you've definitely made progress in the short time you've owned it!

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 07-24-2015, 09:01 AM
coldfuzion76
Intermediate

Default A bit of an introduction.

Thanks, Jason. You've been a big help, too. I've ordered a lot of my parts from Paragon, and I've had far less trouble than I have with some other sites. Seems like everything I've ordered lately has had some kind of problem, but not from you guys.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:06 AM
jc9elfer
Intermediate

Nice to meet you Coldfuzion
Old 07-25-2015, 10:02 AM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coldfuzion76
Thanks, Jason. You've been a big help, too. I've ordered a lot of my parts from Paragon, and I've had far less trouble than I have with some other sites. Seems like everything I've ordered lately has had some kind of problem, but not from you guys.
Ain't that the truth. I'm not naming names on a public forum since mistakes happen and they've all been handled or minor enough that it's not worth dealing with. But I have definitely noticed a strong trend of inaccurate or incomplete orders when buying 944 parts. I've had projects stalled for days multiple times due to receiving the wrong item.

Never had a problem with Paragon, though, and I will definitely be buying from them again!

Quick Reply: A bit of an introduction.