Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That Paint Job.....continued

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Or you could snap a picture of him, make up flyers saying "How would you know it if a convicted pedifile was living right next door to YOU?" Put his picture real big on the top and post them all over the neighborhood. You are not saying he is one... just stating a question.

Or when you go to back it out of his garage just put in in first and floor it into his equipment. Let his homeowners cover the expense of the car plus the full cost of the NEW paint.

The chest pounders view of things at this point.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to get him somehow. Someone think of something viable! I guess for starters everyone can cal in fill up all his time slots from here till august and then nobody show up. that may make him deter other would be customers for a while and he'd be pissed once he figures out whats goin on. You could do the sliped and fell sue thing, I wouldn't. He is a place of business, so it should be safe for customers...

Good luck....

~Eyal
Old 10-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Robwsup
Racer

Well, I'm definitely doing the Form 1096/1099-Misc thing. I'm still thinking of other ways to deal with this. I don't want to go to jail, but I want him to wish he was in jail.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Flight_951
Pro

I commend you for going to court.

I thought for sure when your paint expert discovered the moron had inflated his charges for sandpaper and supplies, you had him. Did the paint expert ever go to court with you?

I believe the IRS and county tax man will accept phone calls to report tax cheats too.

The judge should have given the reasoning behind his verdict. What was it?

I'm pretty sure any appeal takes place in a larger court outside of the smaller court's jurisdiction. Sorry about the $.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:04 PM
Robwsup
Racer

The judge's reasoning was that he believed the redneck, not me. After all, would someone the judge has known for 20+ years lie to him?
Old 10-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To be honest you should have asked him to recuse himself or for a change of venue. You could appeal, it should go outside that jurisdiction to appeals court.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Robwsup
Racer

Yeah, I should have. At the time I was thinking:
A. When would be the next time another judge would sit this court (One judge town)
B. He was up front about the relationship, he would probably make an extra effort to be fair, thereby maintaining his integrity.

Wow, guess I'm a dumbass.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Harassing phone calls aren't the answer. He can just get his # changed.

Robert needs his car back, before anyone does anything. (Of course, I'm not saying anyone will do anything)

Plotting revenge in a public forum could have it's pitfalls. A lot of us are on Robert's side, and he's not fanning the flames like I'd be, so let's respect his position. He needs to get that car back, first and foremost.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Flight_951
Pro

I guess the lack of a written estimate of any kind and paying cash with no paper trail ultimately hurt your case also, and that may be the clincher unfortunately.

There would have to be an underlying basis for the appeal, and it doesn't look like you really have one.

I'd get a transcript of the court proceedings that prove he is running a business out of his house. Follow up your calls to the IRS and county tax man with a copy of the transcript.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:20 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Rob, really sorry. All wussy's get what's coming to them in the long run and if they don't post his name and address on Rennlist.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:08 PM
GTZ
Instructor

Yep he could change his home number, but not his work number. Post it and we'll all call 15 times a day for him, until the boss get feed up and fires his ***. "I'd like to talk with ******** please... I heard the he paints cars on the side and I have a question" Employers most of the time frown on moonlighting.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Fishguy
Instructor

I've been watching this for awhile and damn, does this blow!

I'm also curios how the judge justified the redneck charging you for restocking his paint materials, when you had that witness to help you out and prove the redneck was shafting you.

It seems too many are suggesting things that really shouldnt be suggested on a pub forum, but damn, if the law doesnt give you justice, what can you do?

the best it looks like is to try to report his "business" to as many authorities that may be interesting, making sure the IRS knows what you pay him, and If you dont really want to be the guy to do these legal, but "mean" things, it seems guys here are willing to help you out

good luck on eventual justice
Old 10-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Terry Jamison
Instructor

I know that you've said you've had enough of the legal system; but, is there any way to appeal this to Superior Court?

Even if I paid the guy now, I'd drag him back into court somehow. There's got to be some legal precedent. In this case, it doesn't sound as if "he said you said" was ever going to be in your favor.

Was this rube an actual judge or a judge pro-tem?
Old 10-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Robwsup
Racer

judge pro-tem. phone number and address posted in it's own thread.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I know next to nothing about the intricacies of our legal system, I also say appeal. If you do, however, the judge will want a good reason why you had payed him and then decided to take it back to court. Nothing will be simple.

Quick Reply: That Paint Job.....continued