Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

late 944 rear wheelbearing tool Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 10:55 PM
jimmerp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default late 944 rear wheelbearing tool Canada?

Grasping for the chance somewone might have the arnworks tool and sold their 944. I am in Eastern Canada and the cost of new with our weak exchange and brutal shipping is looking like a lot of the beer fund. will rent, lease, buy what ever just trying save the angst..
Old 06-02-2015, 12:39 PM
svtlrtls
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova Scotia 944s

Hi Jimmerp,

I don't have the tool but there are a group of 944 drivers in Nova Scotia that I can check with (I am one of them). Perhaps you are too but I don't recognize your car in the pic.

Cheers
Old 06-02-2015, 01:16 PM
jimmerp
Instructor

Hey, sounds great. I am in kentville but work away.dont really know many other 944 drivers.I have had my S 5years. It sat most of last year as i rebuilt the engine. In april On the break in run I heard thewhop whop and my drivers rear hub was quite warm. It was symptomatic before the lay-up and now its toast.
Originally Posted by svtlrtls
Hi Jimmerp,

I don't have the tool but there are a group of 944 drivers in Nova Scotia that I can check with (I am one of them). Perhaps you are too but I don't recognize your car in the pic.

Cheers
Old 06-02-2015, 08:15 PM
svtlrtls
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No joy so far, although only a couple guys responded.
PM'ed you my email address.

Cheers
Old 06-03-2015, 06:23 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

I'm needing my rear wheel bearings done on my V8 car.

anyone in greater LA basin who can do this job;

I am offering cash and free table dances with hot strippers in west Hollywood or club of your choice.

please pm.

Originally Posted by jason952
lots of heat, time and a new axle nut!
Originally Posted by car_slave
Well after reading the Clark's Garage manual on the subject, I summed up the courage to change (the rear bearings) myself........What a royal pain in the *** it turned into. I rate it a 10 out of 10 on the frustration factor, on-par with a motor mount job. If you any of you have done that before. Not that complicated, but a serious knuckle buster/Miller time could not come fast enough, kind of affair.

If my nerves can handle the other side I vow to make a tutorial so that others will not have to go through the same hell.

No I did not have that special bearing puller tool from Paragon for $250, but I did have a very conveniently shaped bearing puller brace, which saved my *** once I figured it out. Those things are tight, besides a few other unknown issues.

"may you never face this hell...."
Old 06-03-2015, 07:07 PM
jimmerp
Instructor

Ok so i just bitt the bullet and ordered one for myself. I have both sides torn down and the hub off one side. That bearing came apart and needed a puller to seperate the inner race from the hub. The outer race is still in the trailing arm and will remain until the tool arrives... WHAT A S.O.B. OF A JOB so far.. and only one hub off.I had to drive out the hub with a drift and hammer..I knew it was going to be bad. But this is the worst ever.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Allen, you know the deal. My offer still stands. No table dance required.

Now if you want to turn the Cucamonga Carrera Cantina into a hell hole with a bunch of '44 variants we are gonna have to up the cover charge.

Huli Huli Chicken just surpassed Jerk chicken as the BBQ item of choice. When is the big day anyway?
Old 06-03-2015, 08:28 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

sweet!!!

I had a feeling it would take considerably more than a serious case of bloody knuckles and screaming at the top of your lungs to scare you away!!

not to mention your family friends and neighbors getting to hear what just might be the sickest v8 exhaust note in '44/'68 history.

if you're in town, the big day will be about 48 hours after Eric puts the damn car up on the semi-remolique.

and when will that be? as soon as I know......

Quick Reply: late 944 rear wheelbearing tool Canada?