Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How should I re-seal the dash vents?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Ed Petry
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default How should I re-seal the dash vents?

Not really a big issue but nonetheless one I want to correct.

When I place the airflow control in the windshield position (bottom slider to the left and upper slider to the right) and close the dash vents to direct all the airflow to the windshield, the driver's side vent whistles and the middle vent leaks air. As we know, the blower motor is strong enough to supply the required flow to clear the windshield. But, the whistle is annoying. My question is: what is the preferred material to use to re-seal the dash vents? I assume some kind of glue backed foam. My need is based on the fact my wife wants to make this her daily driver; functionality is my prime concern but I do want to keep the car close to "factory".

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:06 PM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I've used construction liquid flashin on the joint. It comes in a caulking tube/gun configuration and stays semi soft so it doesn't "glue" the joint, just seals it. It cleans up with paint thinner or kerosene.

Quick Reply: How should I re-seal the dash vents?