Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just in case you missed this (Carrera GT)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 06:29 PM
Type_LT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just in case you missed this (Carrera GT)

I found this video section on the Carrera GT, it's great for one reason: there is no music! (only the V10). Awesome video!

Carrera GT Vid

Nick
Old 09-03-2003, 06:42 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like that. Takes a while to DL though.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Water944t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video, what a rocket. The engine sounds killer and the camera setups were pretty nice too. I have a ton of great pics of the GT, but nothing can compare to hearing it eat pavement. Good choice by the producers to not stick some trendy crapband over the top of that symphony of cylinders.

And as a side note, I noticed earlier that I made the infamous 'turd burglar' list, compiled by ERAU-944. Gosh, gee, I am flattered.

You like me, you really, really, like me! :lol:

I will do my best to uphold the poor spelling, massacred grammar and blatant disregard for reality that is the hallmark of all awards associated with his name.

Maybe he can post us a note about how the Cayenne is much faster and can out-handle the GT, too?

:rofl:
Old 09-03-2003, 07:11 PM
elvisizer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turd burglar???? wtf does that mean in the context of an online bulletin board?
Old 09-03-2003, 07:13 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

the CGT is truly a work of art, given on a different level than the cayenne.

water: i only post reality, i dont speculate, like some of you who refuse to recognize porsches enduring committment to excellence.

i'm sure the CGT is faster than a cayenne, and a cayenne is faster stock than a 951. but you wouldnt know because you've driven neither the cayenne nor the CGT. i on the other hand have driven 951's AND Cayennes... sounds like experience talking... not a disregard for reality, so buck up and realize i'm not just some moron spouting crap online, like yourself. instead, i'm someone with experience - who once thought the cayenne didnt deserve a porsche badge ( i may recant that for the V6 version) but now realize that both 8 powered cayennes are true porsches.

btw, its : roflmao : to make your little icon show up, unless you like looking computer illiterate.

-Michael-
Old 09-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Water944t
Pro

What makes you think I haven't drive a Cayenne? (I haven't driven an Turbo but I guess I will run over to Scottsdale and see if they have one I can drive, Porsche dealers are usually a bit picky about wanting you to buy, you must be special ERAU.) Having worked for Cadillac, BMW and Lexus, among others, I have had the chance to drive lots of cars that I might not have driven if I wasn't in the business. And I figure that I have quite a bit more 'experience' than you do, since I have been driving/selling high-line and exotic cars for a living longer than you have had a driving license. While I have owned primarily Porsches, I have driven everything from Acura to Volkswagen. The main reason I have never sold Porsches is that there is more money in traditional lines, as the market for pure sportscars is somewhat limited; to the very wealthy, the status conscious, and the living-way-beyond-means types. Not that any of those are necessarily bad, but there are more people who eat cheese than eat caviar.

But as I have stated, I am pretty anti-SUV as a whole, since they are generally bought by people with more money than needs, and SUV's are extremely wasteful types of vehicles in many ways. 95% of Cayenne's will never go offroad, nor will they ever see the other side of 100MPH, unless they have been stolen or the owner is drunk. Plus the fact that 99% of the SUV's on the road are drivin by people who think that bigger means you can change lanes, cut people off, and generally drive like a ****ing *******. I mean, the next 'turd burglar' with 24" rims, and a cell phone, bLinGin in his/her school bus who almost kills me or my family due to mouth-breathing-no-driving-skill-having bull**** may just lose a tooth.

Oh, and as another topic of rant, I don't think that having the opinion that you are a good driver, actually means you are a good driver. I am sure that you, and others think that just because you know where the gas pedal is, you are Michael Schumacher. Bull****. Double ****ing bull****. 25+ years of driving experience doesn't even qualify you for the title of Good Driver, unless you have actually worked to improve your skills, and actually learned something. Which thank God, I have. I thank the money I spent learning to drive almost everyday in this ****ty Phoenix traffic. DE, AX, and driving schools are the right way to start.

There has never been a Porsche built to do 1/4 miles, unless you count the Cayenne, with it's blistering 951-slaying times, until you try to stop that 5200lb beast. (Can we test 0-100-0? Cause I will eat that chili's lunch!) I never said that the Cayenne wasn't a true Porsche, I only said that it was a tactical mistake on the part of Porsche to bet the farm on a disappearing market. I have no doubts (well, maybe a few) that a 450HP/5200lbs SUV can beat a 217HP/3000lb vehicle in the 1/4. I do SERIOUSLY doubt that it can turn or stop anywhere close to the 951. Simply physics, or reality, both of which you seem to play fast and loose with.

Safe driving, spend your upgrade money on the nut behind the wheel, its the upgrade that keeps on giving, even if you sell you car.

edited for clarity of thought

Last edited by Water944t; 09-03-2003 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:57 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

I would damn near sell my soul for one of those.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:24 PM
elvisizer
Racer

but . . .but . . . what about the 'turd burglar' thing . . . .i've never heard that before . . . what the heck does it mean? saying that someone steals poop just doesn't make much sense as a put-down.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Water944t
Pro

Originally posted by elvisizer
but . . .but . . . what about the 'turd burglar' thing . . . .i've never heard that before . . . what the heck does it mean? saying that someone steals poop just doesn't make much sense as a put-down.

That is some truly funny ****. I kinda feel the same way. I guess we call people names that hurt our own feelings...like I would hate to be called a poor speller, or be accused of being to lazy to write properly. I guess he hates to be accused of 'stealing poop', lol. I am actually a bit flattered that I bothered him enough to make the list.

Score one for literacy!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:35 PM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Simply Awesome.

Quick Reply: Just in case you missed this (Carrera GT)