Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1988 924S Brake Calipers Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 06:11 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 924S Brake Calipers Rebuild

4cylFrontEngine People,

I have been on and off the Rennlist since it was an actual mailing list for 944s and before the web forums where created. So thanks to everybody for all the help and entertainment over the years.

Anyhow, I come back to this area for a bit of advice:

I am wanting to re-build all 4 of my brake calipers. The kits to do so are fairly cheap, and only contain a few seals. Is this, and the hardware/spring kit, all I really need to re-build these calipers?? Am I missing something?

Also, who would have both Front and Rear seals and hardware kits in stock? and finally, would you recommend Paragon, Pelican, Porsche Dealer, or e-bay for these parts?

Car is a 1988 924S Racecar (2.7L, Short 5th, LSD, Ledas, solid bushings...)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Patrick
Old 01-06-2015, 07:47 PM
curtisr
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts

Hey Toronto,

There certainly isn't much to the kits is there? The beauty is indeed in their simplicity. Or it's a testament to the power of fluids. ��

One thing that I was glad to have added to my order was an extra set of pins in the event that the old ones were not interested in budging. This naturally was the case for me.

As for where to get them there's nothing like supporting our host. Having said that, there is no shortage of low cost options in your Province's capital. Just Google German auto parts (Canada).

Here's a link to a DIY for the rebuild. Pictures are on the left. If seeing two pistons throws you off, the Haynes book also has a step by step how-to.

http://www.schattenbaum.org/TechArti...eCalipers.aspx
Old 01-07-2015, 11:55 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Curtisr... It really is that straight forward... Cool...

I will check local prices, but I am going back and forth between the US/Canada often, so I was thinking about buying some parts and carrying them over as I have nothing else to buy!

Using the link provided, this looks pretty straight forward... thanks!!!

P

Quick Reply: 1988 924S Brake Calipers Rebuild