Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2 or 89 Turbo? Decision...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 12:34 AM
dave120
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2 or 89 Turbo? Decision...

Well after thinking on this for a while after reading all your responses to my other thread, I think I'm gonna stick with the S2. As nice as the turbo is, I don't think it's practical for me right now. I mean it's got all the upgrades I want on it already, more power and everything, but I just don't see it giving me that much more smiles per mile than my S2 does. I love this car too much to sell it out just for more power. Down the road I plan to develop a turbo setup on this motor anyways that'll leave this 951 wanting

Besides why buy a car with everything already on it...working on them is half the fun of owning these things. When I want my bigger brakes I'll go buy them and put them on..suspension same idea. I'm finally getting this car to where I want it, I don't wanna give it up.

What I need to do right now is find a daily commuter vehicle since I put about 400 miles a week on my car now that I'm back in school again. Rather than buying the turbo and having to drive it everyday I'd rather keep my car and use the extra money on a car that I can put a lot of miles on. I don't think a 944 turbo is gonna be a practical enough daily driver for what I need.

Thanks for all your guys' input on my other thread, but for now I think I'll stay loyal to the S2 crowd

Quick Reply: S2 or 89 Turbo? Decision...