Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennbay / Back with Paypal.. Long story!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:51 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rennbay / Back with Paypal.. Long story!!

So Rennbay has finial parted ways with paypal. We now accept credit cards online with out all the annoying signup procedure. Everything went online just about an hour ago, so if anyone has any problems with the new system, email me ASAP.
Oh, and the new system lets me put in promotional codes also... if anyone wants 10% off your order before Friday type in "rennlist" when it asks for your promo code. its case sensitive.

Last edited by Travis - sflraver; 08-12-2003 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:58 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

10% woo hoo Shift boot and seat covers here I come.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:15 AM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems Paypal cost more than credit cards.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:13 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

well , it works out about the same on my end but I was getting a lot of people who did not want to use the paypal system. That was the reason for the changeover. Plus I get a lot of larger international orders that want to process direct with creditcards through the site and it was difficult to explain to them how to use paypal.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Yes! Now I can get that shift boot.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Ok, so Rennbay is back with Paypal for right now. All I have to say is STAY AWAY FROM WWW.PAYSYSTEMS.COM !!!!!

It looks great from there webpage but the people down there dont know what they are doing. I had problem after problem setting up with them yesterday and no one could answer my questions. Then , they tell me everything on there end is setup and I am ready to go live, so I did, today. Then about 1pm I start wandering why I have not gotten any orders today... so I try to make a transaction myself and at the end of the checkout process it gives me an error!!! When I called them up they said they would have the problem fixed in 48 HOURS!!!! Thats ridiculous.

Oh well, what it comes down to is the website is still going to be setup with paypal from now on but I am setting up a CC terminal to take orders over the phone also. Everything should be in place by late next week for those that were waiting on it.

Oh ya, and after I got everything setup with pay systems, they told me it was there policy to hold 5% of every transaction for 6 MONTHS!!! when I asked why that was not on there web page they told me it was in the contracts that "OH YA" I have to sign and send in before my account can become active also. They had forgotten to tell me that ... even if they fixed the bug I had to wait for those to get here and get back to them!!!

OK, Rant mode off. Sites back up now.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Travis. That BS is EXACTLY what I am talking about. I have been there man. Call me anytime.

-Matt
Old 08-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Ya Matt, I am waiting for the quote to come in from the website you sent me to. I think I may go with them for a terminal. Unbelieveable.

I spoke with German today. He said he is going to put together what he needs done with the site and get back with you tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Please keep the PayPal option alive - I keep what little spare change I have there for P Car parts so my wife doesnt see the cumulative little stuff on my VISA!!! LOL

Seriously though, that PayPal is useful for buyers once it is set up. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Alos
Instructor

Is the shift boot made of leather?
Old 08-12-2003, 06:17 PM
RSflared72e
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

A bit of advice on Paypal - carefully print and maintain documentation on any transactions you complete with them. They WILL NOT stand by any mistakes their system makes. Speaking from personal experience here. I dropped them for a while but am now using them again...will see if that is a mistake...
Old 08-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 91S2
A bit of advice on Paypal - carefully print and maintain documentation on any transactions you complete with them. They WILL NOT stand by any mistakes their system makes. Speaking from personal experience here. I dropped them for a while but am now using them again...will see if that is a mistake...
Yes, I always review the HISTORY and never leave much money in there - besides, as soon as I sell something on eBay, I spend it all on Porsche parts anyway! Saves me from US$ FX issues with the Cdn$.

I did have a recent experience of buying a large item, and then getting a refund and PayPal was great - no fees, etc. However, VISA dinged me pretty good on the buy/sell FX to the tune of about 6% combined!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Ya, I am going to leave the paypal for online orders and just setup to take cc's over the phone. Some people live by paypal and some people hate it. I just like to keep a sharp eye on it because of all the horror stories you hear about selling with paypal.

Oh, and get this. After I called and said some nasty things to Paysystems.com telling them to take there account processing and its hidden fees with bad support and shove them.. you know where... well they just sent me an email. Here is a little clip from it.

"Thank you for applying at PaySystems for your merchant account. After careful review and scrutiny by this Underwriting Department, we regret to inform you that it will not be possible to service your company at this time."

Some people, geeeze.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Alos
Is the shift boot made of leather?
They are made from German vinyl but there back ordered until the middle of next month. Got to wait for some more to get made. I put the backorder message on top of the shift boot page.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Randy_J
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Travis - sflraver
They are made from German vinyl but there back ordered until the middle of next month. Got to wait for some more to get made. I put the backorder message on top of the shift boot page.
any chance some one out there can get a supplier for RennBay with REAL LEATHER for this item???

Quick Reply: Rennbay / Back with Paypal.. Long story!!