Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting race seats, sliders or no?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014 | 09:11 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Default Mounting race seats, sliders or no?

I'm in a bit of a pickle guys, I tore the OEM sliders off my seats thinking ha! I'll reuse them with some modification for my seats. Totally not going to happen, they are way too far off both fore and aft and side to side width to have a prayer of working. So now I'm stuck with a corbeau passenger seat and a sparco driver seat, and I don't know how to fit either one. The sparco has bottom and side mounts, the corbeau only has bottom. I'm 5'10 and I'm going to need to be able to fit in the car with a helmet on and clear a roll cage. Should I mount these suckers right to the floor, or is there a way to actually get these things on sliders? Any tips, pics, ect

Edit: I've heard these side mounts allow bolting up to the stock mount points on the floor, but I'm concerned about being able to find a comfortable seating position without sliders.

Last edited by Dougs951S; 08-15-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-15-2014 | 09:34 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

if you're going to actually be racing and you'll be the only driver, mount them directly to the floor with mounts and use plates on the under side. if this is a DE car or you'll have different drivers, sliders will be needed, but you'll still want to be as low as possible. direct mounting to the floor is the safest scenario and you can mount the seat exactly where you should be - arm position, harnesses, helmet clearance, etc.
Old 08-15-2014 | 10:24 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

This shows how close the side mount holes are to lining up with the factory mount points. The front hole in the seat lines up with the front mount in the floor as well. I'm thinking with some L brackets like these I can get the seat mounted up on the stock sliders. What say you guys?
Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-SU...67b797&vxp=mtr. I'd only have to drill one hole in each of the rails to get everything lined up.

Edit: So I guess those longer sparco brackets do the same thing as the small L brackets, does anyone know if those actually allow use with the stock sliders? Thry certainly are beefier than the ebay ones but clearances are tight and I'm wondering if the bigger sparco bracket is going to be TOO beefy to fit well? Does anyone have pics of a sparco seat side mounted to the stock rails using the sparco, or any bracket?

Last edited by Dougs951S; 08-16-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Mounting race seats, sliders or no?