Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: '83 944 w/Sport Seats & Manual Steering Rack

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 06:03 PM
RallyDogRacing
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: '83 944 w/Sport Seats & Manual Steering Rack

Hey All - I wanted to hit up the 944 RennList'ers before I go to CraigsList or other places for a car I need to find a new home for. I'm looking to recover most of my investment for the car I snagged for my nephew, that his mom has 'gone another direction' now... I'm $2,800 deep, if interested make an offer - or if I am way off on today's value help educate me on how I should get my mind around changing my expectation. I'm into 911's so I could be way out of cost profile on this 944. Values / prices seem to be all over the map.

'83 944 / 5spd / Original Sport seats / Original Manual Steering / runs great with lots of miles (read over 150k). Motor checks out with 190psi (+/-2 psi) on all cyls in compression check. New fuel-pump & filter, new battery, new tires, new 02 sensor. Bilstein HD's and TB-service 5k miles ago, but 7+yrs ago. Starts/idles/runs fine. A/C functions but is very weak. Everything I can find works except for the Odometer. Dash was cracked and capped by PO. Has all nice Llyod's type carpets with logos in perfect condition. Both seats are in good to very-good condition. Body is a repaint, and looks to have had some crinkled sheet metal fixed in its life time. Decent 10ft'er - and not nearly as beat up as most things I see on CL. Has a bit of a derp-expression from the front, looks like the valence is sagging and needs a bit of help.

As stated I snagged it for my nephew, it was a non-runner then - but clean TX title. It's a runner now and outside of having no A/C is a decent driving machine. More fun than I expected. I figure it's a good kid's first sports car - this is no collector/garage queen. What it needs: F&R Brake rotors turned (braking pedal pulse) / The driver's door latch is going to fail someday / Rear hatch seal / Quarter-window seal installed (included) / I think the u-joints in the steering shaft are worn / sunvisor clips disintegrated / Headlight Hi/Lo switch is 'finicky'.

It's located in Humble, TX - a near NE suburb of Houston. I will try to post up pics ASAP to help with the group evaluation. If anyone is interested drop me a private line to have more of a detailed conversation if you want.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:10 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

You're somewhat local to me (I'm in Sugar Land until the 21st of the month) if you're ever passing through!

I have an extra stalk switch (high/low beams) from an 83 in the garage, yours for cheap.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Value of that car is hard to judge.. Just the seats alone could be worth $500-1000 to somebody..

If it has Fuchs wheels there's another easy +$1000 value.

Post up some pictures. The market for these cars has been really weird lately, like you said they're all over the place. You might make more money parting this one out.

Quick Reply: FS: '83 944 w/Sport Seats & Manual Steering Rack