Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: WARNING: Worst movie EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 03:05 AM
Velvet951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BEST MOVIES EVER
------------------------
Spaceballs
Caddyshack
UHF
The Jerk
Blazing Saddles
The Royal Tannenbaums

Everything else is just a waste of time....
Old 08-12-2003, 03:33 AM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Requium for a Dream - disturbing, but great- clearly over-the-top at the end.
Aronofsky rocks! First time I ever saw Jennifer Connley - WOW! Didnt that win an award for "Best use of a Wayans brother in a suporting role"?

And those montages (when someone shot up) are sweet - alot like "******" (Ritchie) whenever the Dennis Farina character traveled.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Schlag. I liked PDL. It was interesting. The things I liked most about it were Sandler's relationship with his many sisters, which I believe was supposed to be the main factor of his personality, and the music. The soundtrack did a great job of creating a sense of stressful urgency in certain scenes (like when his sister was trying to set him up with the british lady), and just matched the mood of the movie nearly perfectly everywhere else.
I'd say 4 out of 5 stars.

I also agree with Brian about Meet the Parents. I just didn't like it. I didn't find Stiller's character funny (Derek Zoolander is his best character), and Robert DeNiro sucks as a comedic actor (Analyze This/That, Showtime): I thought he was funnier in Taxi Driver.

The best movie of all time is Dr. Strangelove.

(Mandrake asks Guano to shoot a vending machine to get money for the payphone, so he can call the President to avert a nuclear war).

Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?!
Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:56 PM
HY M8NC
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with Scott, if that movie sucked any more, I would have been pulled off the couch-and I'm a big boy.

Personal worst-"Cool as Ice" when Vanilla Ice thought he could act. Rented it as a joke. That is followed closely by "Bean".

Personal favorites-"The Princess Bride", "Glory", "American History X (POWERFUL)", and anything "Bond".
Old 08-13-2003, 12:57 AM
aeschen
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought punch drunk love was fabulous. It was not one of those movies that was so predictable and boring. The fact that it inspires debate and thought makes it good. The pudding cup scam and the phonesex couple were brilliant. some other great movies are mullhuland drive (still trying to figure it out), american history x, pulp fiction, leaving las vegas (sillilar to PDL in some ways), caddyshack (most quotable movie evar), Being john malkovich, austin powers, joe dirt, whats eating gilber grape, the original rocky, pi, clockwork orange, the big labouski and my favorite movie... Ghost dog the way of the samuri (go into this one with an open mind)

Quick Reply: OT: WARNING: Worst movie EVER!