Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What remains of my distributor rotor.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 12:41 AM
redmund
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What remains of my distributor rotor.

Pulled this out of my wagon last week after it cut out on me whilst dropping the girlfriend to work. New rotor and cap on the way!

Old 05-18-2014, 01:27 PM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks pretty ugly. Love to see picture of the car. Hope you got her to work on time.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:53 PM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

you may want to also invest in new wires (go with Beru) if they haven't been changed in a decade - the car will run a lot smoother with the new ignition parts.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:42 AM
redmund
Racer

If I can pull together the cash, I will be, but right now this is about all I can afford. The joys of waiting for my visa application to finish processing so I can get back to work!

Mytrplseven: here's the album of photos I took after I bought it 2 years ago. http://s691.photobucket.com/user/red...nd/library/944

She's not looking so pretty at the moment. She had a rod bearing fail a while back, so it was sitting on jack stands in the yard for quite a while. Then one day our neighbours decided they hated our trees, so they call in some tree loppers. We got zero notice, guys showed up while I was at work and started lopping limbs off the tree. Three landed on my car, one of which bent the hatch frame, which is now separating and leaking badly. Never did get any compensation.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:46 PM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by redmund
If I can pull together the cash, I will be, but right now this is about all I can afford. The joys of waiting for my visa application to finish processing so I can get back to work!

Mytrplseven: here's the album of photos I took after I bought it 2 years ago. http://s691.photobucket.com/user/red...nd/library/944

She's not looking so pretty at the moment. She had a rod bearing fail a while back, so it was sitting on jack stands in the yard for quite a while. Then one day our neighbours decided they hated our trees, so they call in some tree loppers. We got zero notice, guys showed up while I was at work and started lopping limbs off the tree. Three landed on my car, one of which bent the hatch frame, which is now separating and leaking badly. Never did get any compensation.
I like the car. Great color. Damn shame about the hatch. That opens a Pandora's Box of issues regarding resealing one. It'd be great if you could find one in Australia vs going abroad. Most of them are separating and most sellers won't ship them. I was fortunate after 3 years of looking, to find one 150 miles (93km) from my home. Drove over and swapped it on the spot. Cheap price too.

Quick Reply: What remains of my distributor rotor.