Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need transmission/Torque tube coupler

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need transmission/Torque tube coupler

I messed mine up bad trying to get the trans free (it still wont come out, see my other thread for more details) but I need a good used trans/TT coupler.

Its this right here

If anyone has one, please let me know because I need it yesterday.

Cheers gents.

Doug
Old 02-16-2014, 04:21 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I have one
Old 02-16-2014, 04:43 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

When you get it installed, drive your *** to Waco and help David and I get his coupler to slip over the tt splined shaft
Old 02-16-2014, 06:04 PM
admiralkhole
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sausagehacker
When you get it installed, drive your *** to Waco and help David and I get his coupler to slip over the tt splined shaft

You guys need to stop being weenies and do what I told you to. Easy peazy.

Also doug, there's a coupler on craigslist for $25.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:54 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by the way, if you still can't get your coupler with the stuck bolt off, use a dremel and cut through the thin part of the square that the bolt goes through. cut in at least two places and then knock that square off
Old 02-17-2014, 02:25 AM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I tried doing that, Cale and I talked on the phone today and he said something to me which I had not thought about. As I currently sit, I have sliced the bolt in two right here

What Cale said to me was that its still stuck fast to the trans because I have not removed the bolt yet. The unthreaded portion is seized in the coupling and I dont even want to think about how tight the threaded portion is. I will need to remove that bolt to get the coupler off regardless. I've tried doing what you said and knocking the square bit off the coupler with a hammer and chisel but I'm not sure I can/that will work if I cant get the bolt out. I've soaked it in ATF and heated it cherry red with a torch and it stuck so hard I can even believe it...I had the trans out maybe a year ago and it slipped right out! I can't figure out how it got so seized in such a short amount of time in Texas where we dont salt the roads. I also should have a coupler coming in the mail thanks to Sir Lapsalot. At this point if I can just get the trans out without damaging it I'll be happy. (I hope I didn't already mess the shaft up cutting the bolt, I know the shaft is hardened and I was pretty careful so hopefully not)

Edit: William just for clarification, can you mark on that picture where you are talking about cutting? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Need transmission/Torque tube coupler