Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Cooler Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Paul968
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone planning on attending the meet...... please email at PorscheDriver951@aol.com to confirm.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 08-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Andre
Burning Brakes

i will not be making the meet, sorry, the car will not be running by sat. unfortunetly i needed to order some hoses and i am still short one manifold...1-4 one.

i really hope we have another one this month guys, lets get somethign set up, somewhere near some quick roads. I'll be there if this thing ever runs.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:40 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

I'm trying to get another one together in September (Rich Towle you out there? Sent you a mail) And a foliage run in October.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Paul968
Racer

After this one has run, yes lets plan another gathering.

If you want fast roads, I have just the place!!!!! Fast, Twisty and what a great back drop (Mountains and trees as far as the eye can see)

Its called the Cangamangus Highway.... its near Conway, NH.
I was born in England and traveled all around Europe...... the Cangamangus Highway reminds me of the Swiss Alps or Cortina in Italy.

A very fast but challenging road with tight winding hairpins and sweeping corners that take you up one side of the mountain and brings you down the other.

Its a good test of brakes, cornering ability and definitely your nerve!!!!!

If you folks want to make a date of it...... I will be all over that and more than willing to help coordinate.

Maybe we can discuss the next run at tomorrow's gathering...... which by the way I have planned to include a few fast little local favorite roads.

Hope to see every one there.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 08-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by SidViscous
I'm trying to get another one together in September (Rich Towle you out there? Sent you a mail) And a foliage run in October.

Hmmmm.. Foliage run in October ya say... I may be up for that. Man its a long drive!!
Old 08-08-2003, 03:13 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Paul:
Were working on it. I've kind of been named the Rennlist event cordinator. Were just waiting for John D to get 5 minutes to figure out what he wants me to do (I assume I haven't heard from in awhile ) So the Cankermungus might be great for that Foliage run. Also trying to do another one earlier. Will keep everyone posted.

Chris. Perfect time for a long trip. Come on out and we'll show you how the other half live.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:19 PM
DinoEck
Advanced

BTW, it's Kancamagus with a K.

Beautiful drive, I did it 6 weeks ago. Anyone know how heavily patrolled it is for speeding?

Noah
Old 08-08-2003, 03:35 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

I knew I didn't stand a chance os spelling it right. You'll note my entire spelling is off by a bit.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Paul968
Racer

The cops do occasionally go up there but very very rarely........I have seen them once in the last 5 years.
There is nothing up there once you get out of the little town. In fact I think the sign says 'NO GAS FOR 26 MILES' more like "no one, no people and no thing for 26 miles"
**** Except for lots of FAST TWISTIES****

The way I have done it in the past is...... take a kind of slow test run, to feel out the road conditions and see if any narks (Narks=English for cops) are hiding out.
Then I turn around and go like $hit..... hit over a 100 for many miles in my 968.

There are also a lot of nice open straights that you can see for a 1/2 mile to a mile......so you can see if any cars are around.

I think the thing to do would be........ take turns to be a look out scout. I assume most of us these days have a cell phone!!!!! The one who is the scout can go ahead of the pack for a few miles and call back if he spots trouble.

My friend has done this for me a few times and it seems to work.

If we went up there I think I might be tempted to bring my Euro 320hp 911..... I just bought it and it needs to stretch its legs a little. But the 951 would be more fun in the corners for sure.

We should defiantly try to get John D. involved....... he lives only a mile away from me, so he is familiar with this area and I am sure the Kangamangus Highway.
I shot him an email about the gathering tomorrow but I got no reply....... he gets so many emails a day I am not surprised.

Sid you should give him a buz as well...... if we both get on his case he may lend a hand.

See you tomorrow at 11. @ Bobs Clam Hut.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 08-09-2003, 02:24 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Hey anyone got a Mahle filter they are willing to sell? Bring it by the meet and I'll buy it. Need a change but can't find them locally.

Quick Reply: Water Cooler Meet