Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedforce cat-back - recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:44 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 992 Likes on 646 Posts
Default Speedforce cat-back - recommendations?

Anyone have experience with and/or running this cat-back exhaust? I'm looking at the available options out there and trying to make a decision. One reason I ask is due to the description - seems to be a bit of an oxymoron. I find it interesting that it can be 'much quieter' and yet 'very deep'.

From the Speedforce link below:

"This muffler flows as well as any straight through 3" muffler but the noise level is much quieter then any other muffler on the market today. The sound of this system is very deep."

http://www.speedforceracing.com/index.php?productID=705

Would appreciate any thoughts.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:13 AM
admiralkhole
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no experience with this system, but volume =/= tone. It's not an oxymoron, they're describing the level AND the tone of sound. Kind of like...short and fat, or tall and skinny.

Have you found any sound clips? Maybe a member could help you out.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:36 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by admiralkhole
I have no experience with this system, but volume =/= tone. It's not an oxymoron, they're describing the level AND the tone of sound. Kind of like...short and fat, or tall and skinny.
i totally get what you are saying and you are correct about volume vs. tone. it still seems odd to me that their system can be the quietest on the market and still sound very deep. being that [potentially] quiet, it's hard to also be very deep. 'very deep' needs some level of volume before it can sound deep - from my experience. i'll try to find a sound clip.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:20 PM
admiralkhole
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think about sub-bass, is it loud? No. Is it deep? Very. Resonance also comes into play. I think that's what they're getting at. You've got me intrigued, I'm interested to hear a sound clip of it! I bet it's something that has a different sound in person, more of a feel.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:33 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

After looking over the LR site a bit more, I may construct a full system from non-SS. Looks like you can put together a complete exhaust, from the downtube back, for about $900+ including the cat. Of course, then there's the 4" Big Flow system from LR... I'll eventually speak with someone at LR before making a final purchase. Christmas puts a big hit on the 993/951 mad money budget.

Quick Reply: Speedforce cat-back - recommendations?