Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my crappy weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Fixn2xlr8
Bunny with a Mission
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts
Default my crappy weekend

My weekend was different. My father who is a broker owner of a major real estate company in town had a cardiac arrest Thursday about 5 pm. To fill you in, he was told 10 years ago that he had major blockage in the “widow maker” artery and needed bypass surgery but thought he could beat it by eating right and exercising. He owns several rental homes in the area as do I. A tenant that moved here from Chicago to work at a major hospital as an anesthesiologist and rented one of my fathers homes but turned out to be a real *******. He constantly called the office talking down to the office assistants and basically took the attitude that anyone in the south was a dumb redneck that didn't even need to be recognized as a person. After some heated phone calls back and forth with the tenant my father decided he has had enough and goes over to the home to personally to ask him to move out in not that nice a language. My brother in law was there already trying to reason with the tenant that wanted someone to crawl on hands and knees (litterly) looking for roofing nails in his yard after a recent roof replacement. My father pissed as he was drove over, got out of the car with eviction notice in hand, walked up to my brother in law, grabbed him on the arms with both hands and hit the ground. My brother in law ran to the house to call 911 the tenant and his wife who is a nurse jumped on my father inside of 10 seconds giving CPR and mouth to mouth for 20 mins until the EMC got there. He continued to give CPR in the ambulance all the way to the hospital where he stayed for an additional 12 hours just to make sure my father was stable and then came back the next morning to check on him. My father went into surgery for a triple heart bypass and is out and is fine talking and joking just like usual. Had he been any other place or had been 5 mins early or late to evict this tenant he would be dead. I would like to say to all of you, if your father is there give him a hug, if hes not call him and tell him that you love him. I wasn't sure for a while that I would have a chance to say all the thing I always meant to say but was to busy. By the way. I up the eviction notice. That tenant as arrogant as he might have seemed is the only reason my father is alive right now.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:50 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that's irony! Glad to hear he's ok, my dad had a few strokes and is now on disability. It put a scare into all of us. Mt dad had flu like symptoms for a week and wasn't getting better, he went to the doctor because he said he felt pretty bad(my dad wouldn't go to the doctor for nothing, trust me!). He was sent to the hospital by the doctor immediately after they checked his blood pressure. It was ariound 280 over190! They said his flu like symptoms were the result of multiple strokes and he was DAMN lucky to be alive. Best of wishes to you and your family, especially to your dad.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:17 PM
coolhand
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, glad to hear things turned out ok.

Quick Reply: my crappy weekend