Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF debate...please check this out

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001 | 12:17 PM
John Chasse
Intermediate

Post MAF debate...please check this out

Take a look at this....
http://www.pelicanparts.com/ultimate...ML/002971.html

What are the opinions here?
Old 06-15-2001 | 12:21 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the plug. I would like to hear you all's opinions on MAF's too, being advantages/disadvantages of different designs, if they are worth it, etc. if you don't post to the pelican parts board. Here is my original post from over there:

Hopefully this one won't get nuked. I want to hear from any 951 that have MAF kits and what they think about them. What are some of the advantages/disadvantages to different kits available (autothority, huntley, technodyne, lindsey if they ever come out with it)?
I have heard that the huntley racing kit is hard to tune because the fuel controller doesn't have enough resolution...but the ones they offer seem to have the most goodies that come with them. Could one use another FCON with the kit (i.e. apexi AFC), or is the split second FCON required to match the signal from the maf to the DME?

Autothority kit is old, but proven...I wonder if the design of it is a restriction on the intake once higher levels of horsepower are made (like 350+). How big is the piping diameter of the autothority kit?

I will be in the market for a MAF in a couple of months, so I would like to get my head straight as to which one I should buy now. Thanks.
the first line in my post is in reference to the ***** of a moderator who keeps deleting my threads for no aparent reason, btw.
Old 06-15-2001 | 12:32 PM
John Chasse
Intermediate

Ribs, this may get a better response on the turbo-specific board. But I couldn't get on...

Later
Old 06-15-2001 | 03:07 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

One guy I know has the Huntley MAF Stage IV, I quizzed him on it because I was concerned about the issue of having to set it up and tune it. He said he did not have a problem with it, and now he just makes a 15 minute seasonal adjustment each summer/winter. He also runs a bigger turbo/AFPR/test pipe plus a few other goodies. He was certainly not a fan of the Autothority MAF/chips which he believed cause backfires under certain conditions.

So there you go (my second heresay post for the day).

Wayne.

Quick Reply: MAF debate...please check this out