Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pagid Oranges on 944 NA/Cheap ducting update

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001 | 04:18 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Post Pagid Oranges on 944 NA/Cheap ducting update

Well, I ended up ripping the ducting out while I was getting an alignment (it was in the way!), after being reminded that I run in stock class at auto-xes also . Rips/others, txhedg is working on something high temprature/quality, my guess is that it'll turn out better than what I tried, see his post for more on the subject.

Anyway, the pagid orange pads:
They're the best pads I've ever tried, (these pads, stock everything except fluid and lines) they only faded very slightly on track after almost an hour of straight driving, and only after the long straight. They heat up fast for auto-x use, and don't make noise during street use. Bottom line, they're the ultimate pad, IMO for the 944 NA that's to see auto-x/track use.

Brent 86 951, I think I'll keep this car close to stock, at least until this season is over for auto-xing, as I'm going for a year end trophy at the regional level (NCAC), in a stock class (C-stock).

John P, sent you an e-mail about the free rotors.

Justin M, if you have any questions about the brake set up (or anything else), feel free to post here/drop me an e-mail.

Also, thanks to all for suggesting better places to get ducting from, than ACE...
Ahmet
Old 06-12-2001 | 09:21 PM
keith
Drifting

How'd you do at the autoX?
Old 06-12-2001 | 09:47 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, I didn't do so bad, but I didn't get a great ranking...

Let me explain: In C stock, there were 6 cars total, 3 of them trailered, all 5 (but me) on race tires. First place car driven by somebody who's been to the nationals (or so I heard), Jim Pastorius.

For comparison's sake I'll give you this piece of info as well, I would've been 4th out of 9 in C street prepared, if I ran in that class.

Now if I ran in street tire, I would've been 4th out of 19, and I'm currently 48th overall, out of 140+people. Keep in mind I'm on street tires, and it doesn't look so bad, but look at it as 5th out of 6 people in C-stock, and it looks pretty darn bad. (I'm going for NCAC this year, I'm gonna have to do better than this though, and there's no street tire class).

Who knows, maybe I should pick up some short auto-x tires, get some real shocks (bilstein sport), while I'm at it, an LSD would be nice, and remove at least ac, and ps (temporarily), I'm sure those would make a differance...

I'm open to ideas here...
Ahmet

Quick Reply: Pagid Oranges on 944 NA/Cheap ducting update