Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY Got some pictures up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 02:49 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
If you have the dough for turbo twists that is. In a perfect world...

-Matt
Old 08-04-2001, 11:59 PM
Cobbs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey bro,
All I'm gonna say is that the cup and twist wheels aren't available in old 944 offsets UNLESS you get replicas. I definitly like the way both of those rims look however I would shy away from the replicas. They are heavier and there's a better chance of them being out of true. I have a slightly riced out honda accord with some pricey aftermarket rims and they are a f*&king b%^ch to get properly balanced not to mention they are out of true. What Ive been thinking about doing is purchasing factory rims and using lightweight spacers to achieve the correct offset. Thats just my idea but maybe I am missing somthing here. Hope someone will set me straight if thats a bad idea.

Besides that your car appears to be in excellent condition. Keep up the good work.

Old 08-05-2001, 01:42 AM
Rob Glass
Advanced

Got mine from Tire Rack. The rims are not much heavier, the weight lies in the tires. This company has a "fit Guarantee" ensuring your satisfaction. The wheels are Mille Miglias made in Italy, with our friend the Ferrari. Yeh, they make good stuff. My buddy with a newer 911 could not tell mine from his. They came perfectly mounted and balanced. If this reputable company sold crap like some people are inclined to think, then they would not be in business. It took 1 day to get my wheels delivered. The car now turns heads even more, and brightens up the parking lot. I noticed better handling and even stiffer shifts as no more sidewall roll is apparent. The car feels much more accurate. The Kuhmo tires are quiet and grip excellent. The whole package delivered is about 1500$ and by far my best improvement yet. The tires even ride smoothe. I was expecting a bumpy ride with the 40 series tires, but they absorb impact very well. I never thought tires and wheels could make such a big difference. The whole look of the car is changed and updated. Lastly, the wheels are a direct bolt on and drive better than my old 16" phone dials. I was a little concerned about balancing of the tires also, but you will see after ordering all is well.

Live a little, take some chances, they often pay off!
Old 08-05-2001, 11:25 PM
Cobbs
Instructor

OK dude, check it out.
Not to be wishy washy or anything but I have heard good things about the rims Rob was referring to and he is right about the tire-rack. But I still stand by what I said earlier about replica rims. They can be a nightmare!!! Call Tire rack up if your interested. It couldn't hurt.

Quick Reply: FINALLY Got some pictures up!