Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PaulW Radio Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 03:42 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice work and really like how that HU looks factory but has all the cool stuff. I used to be a Becker agent a few years ack and they are just a class unit.

As stated you don't need some of the signal processing you have. Running spkr, pwr and rca together is no problem. It has never caused a problem for me in last 20 years anyway using twisted pair and good quality equipment.

Please, please, please, throw that fuse holder near your battery into the bin. They are a fire hazard. I cringe when I see them as have seen first hand a melted one. Grab a stinger or phoenix gold fuse holder, as they grip the fuse properly resulting negligable voltage drop across fuse. That chinese junk you have will have a drop with high current draw, which not only drops voltage and lowers amps output but can heat up and melt. Not sure why ppl use them as the safe ones only cost a few $s more but as it is a safety item and cheap coompared to what we spend on rest of system, so please don't mess around saving a few bucks with them and put you and your cars safety at risk.

peace
Cyberpunky

Quick Reply: PaulW Radio Install