Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: A silent respect to all who died in today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 09:17 PM
jim968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saddening to see the terrorists getting another tiny cheap "collateral" victory by sewing dissention in such a community as this.

Insignifigant in the light of the days events, but saddening, nontheless.

But heck, if y'all name-callers want to give them a win, so be it.

Jim, thinking maybe we ought to call a 24-hour moratorium on this thread....
Old 09-11-2001, 09:23 PM
my944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TABOR,

Your adolescence really shines through at this moment. You are an ignorant child that I have now thoroughly lost all respect for. This is not about you. You are clearly an abnoxious child needing attention.

This is about something much larger than YOU, you little inconsiderate SOB!

Let's really talk about the immense problem at hand and not the childish ramblings of a lonely kid.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:26 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Sal_Paradise and SonyGuy. I agree that this affects many families. 50,000 people is a lot of families. Even before I knew that so many people died, I knew that it affected many families, of course it did!

It is my observation that bad things happen to good people all of the time. I guess it strikes me as odd that this one event is recieving so much attention.

I sincerely hope that war does not arrise from this. IMHO, that would only make things worse.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:29 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

first i would like to say i also feel terrible about all this. way to many people died for such (from the surface) a pointless act of terrorism.

But in defense of tabor, terrorism in my opinion is just as bad as a drunk driver slamming into the back of a friends car. both people (the terrorist and the drunk)disobey the law directly and inocent people die because of it. now my opinion is biased (as well as just about everyone here) because i don't know anyone involved in the tragity, and one of my best friends was killed with his girlfriend from a drunk driver.

If you guys want to yell at someone, try yelling at anyone in the oil industry. WTF is up with $5 dollars a gallon in kansas. I mean, oh a great tragity has happened, lets jack the prices of gas to crazy prices and makes some money off of this when no one is looking our way. I think these are the real terrorist.

Next, i would like to say something about the national defense. we don't need more defense. nothing could have been done about what happened. building a 2(?)billion dollar nation missle defense system isn't going to save us from these types of attacks, which in my opinion are the only ones i'm afraid of. beefing up security isn't going to stop anyone who's giving their life to a cause like this.

Also, as someone already mentioned war is good for the economy and we need it right now. this is pretty convinient, and i feel there is going to be all out war against the mid-east terrorists. There will never be a need for the draft again, with the click of a mouse button, that is how are wars are fought now.

Give me all the crap you can, cause i'm in a pretty aggresive mood right now. and plus venting my frustration and anger hereis better then on the road eh?
Old 09-11-2001, 10:19 PM
icat
Race Car

First off, let me start by offering my condolences to the families and friends of those who lost their lives in this horrendous act of terrorism.

Tabor – perhaps your world will not change, but I know that mine has. Forever more I will be wary of places that I and my family once felt safe within. Whenever I fly across our nation, I’ll remember this day - and for a second I’ll think about those who were taken from this earth. I’ll think about the children whose parents didn’t come home this evening. I’ll think about the wives and husbands who’s only mistake on this one fateful day was going to work. I’ll think about how their lives were forever altered by a group of fanatics who have no concept of what America is, or what she stands for.

I’ll think of how my own feelings toward those from foreign lands will be tainted. Will I give in to the intense hatred I feel now, or will my sense of responsibility and morality allow me to rise above? I don’t know the answer to that last question. I do know that the thought of struggling with my inner self isn’t pleasant. If nothing else, that will change my world – why not yours?
Old 09-11-2001, 10:21 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being an hour away from the city and having seen the twin towers many times...I can say that it was a really odd feeling when you think that they're not there anymore. It's kinda like the mountains in your backyard all of a sudden dissapearing. Not to mention the tremendous loss of life that has struck many student's parents. Needless to say, I offer my condolences to all families affected. I would have to say that about 50% of students in my school have parents that work in NYC. This event will have a massive effect on my school.

My US history teacher always told me that everybody knew exactly where they were when they found out that Pearl Harbor had been bombed. Well, I feel this will be a very similar event. I have it imprinted in my mind, where I was sitting, in what class period, who told me, the accouncement...everything.

Has anybody else noticed that today is September 11th? 9/11 ? Pretty sick isn't it? I wonder if the terrorists chose this day to mock the American emergency system.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:27 PM
instigator
Racer

tabor, go **** yourself, you callus bastard
Old 09-11-2001, 10:29 PM
instigator
Racer

john i am sorry for the profanity.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:29 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts
What do you guys make about the President's comment that he will get those responsible, and those harboring those responsible?

I think we have a war here! And what is it over? The life blood of our toys, and the reason for this site. OIL Mr. Clampett, OIL.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:31 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This event is truly unspeakable...I have no words to express my feelings...I am so sorry for the loss of so many innocent people...

I trust the United States of America, Canada's big brother, will "hunt down and punish those responsible"...I pray judgement will be swift and FINAL!

I concur with Jim968...Let's concentrate on the victims of this cowardly act...
Old 09-11-2001, 10:36 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts
Here is a real life anecdote.

My wife is a first grade teacher in Queens at what many call an inner city school.

Many of her students parents (and yours truly) work in and around the WTC. At about 11:00 am she was told not to tell the children that their parents may not come home. Ever.

School is closed tomorrow. She will probably be teaching at least one newly made orphan.

That childs anger/bitterness etc. from losing a parent for no reason probably wont affect that kid will it?

Do I want to go back to my office a few blocks away from the WTC in a Federal building?
Old 09-11-2001, 10:36 PM
giuffrec
Track Day

Tabor,
What happen in your life for you to have a lack of respect and appreciation of today's events. How cold you have come accross. No matter if you thought it was 1,000 or 50,000 dead most in this country would find your opinion quite inhumane as do I. Instead of back peddling maybe you need to re-evaluate your own reaction.
Sorry for Your Lack
Old 09-11-2001, 10:43 PM
Cake944
4th Gear

The response of our nation has to be swift, severe, harsh, unyielding and directed at those responsible. Retaliation is a must. Will it draw us into war ? Depends upon who the perpatrators are. I am a veteran of the Persian Gulf War and I am now active in the Ohio National Guard. I was 19 and single in 1990 when I went to the middle east. Now I am 29, have a wife and 2 children, 5 years and 16 months old. They are now my life. If being called to active duty and sent overseas for another war is necessary to secure, or at least improve, the safety for them, then I will go and do my duty. I am not a fighter,but I have pride in my previous military service and will do what I have to for my country.

-Tabor-
I beleive that you are entitled to your own opinions. That is what our armed forces are here to ensure. However, something like this will affect history forever. IT IS A VERY BIG DEAL AND WILL AFFECT THE WORLD. Just go to any informational web site and read what the leaders of other countrys are saying. They are all affected by this. Your analagy of this event compared to traffic accidents is a little off the mark. One coordinated act has taken more lives in a 12 hour period than traffic accidents do all year. 12 HOURS. Just think about it. One place. One time. One act. Not all over the country in our cars and trucks. I suggest opening the window to your view of the world a little wider and look at the bigger picture.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:44 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Cool

What really makes me sad, and I'm not going to jump all over Tabor's back, but...

60 years ago a country attacked a U.S. TERRITORY (NOT EVEN A STATE) yet the country mobilized more then the Japanese could have ever though ("awaken a sleeping giant"). The day after hundreds of thousands of young American men (and women) were at the enlistment stations signing on the dotted line. Yet now instead the 18 year olds of this country are debating whether or not it was "worse" then car wrecks per year? Sad indeed for this Nation.

The scary thing is, and I almost hate it realize it, but I seriously doubt there will be any mobilization of American youth to enlist or commission in the military.

I'm not pointing fingers, but this thread seems to be a perfect microcasm of what our nation is today - the youth more worried about college education and money then their Nation.

This really puts things in perspective when we think about "should I get 17" or 18" rims on my PORSCHE!?!?!?!"

Another thing that is disturbing is that when Japan attacked Pearl Habor they attacked America! Today I heard several times the reporters saying "the attack on New York" - NO NO NO NO NO. It was an attack on AMERICA you fools make no mistake. Last time I checked New York is a city in the state New York which is one of the 50 states on our Union the United States of America. This isn't anywhere near the level of "yearly traffic accidents" but I'm sure some may disagree...

God bless America and everyone who has given themselves and their lives to keep it free. Don't mean to get somber, but my first post I was too shook up to really write anything. Now that is has sunk in it's just catastrophic.

I saw that some of the men on here mentioned their service to our, and I thank each and every one of you for that.

Matt
21, pissed, ready to kick Bin Laden butt
Old 09-11-2001, 10:51 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

i would like to say anyone who wants to get back at the terrorists "and the people who harbor them" are a bunch of hipocrits. the media is playing with all your minds by saying the terrorists did this because we are a sign of freedom. what a load of bull****. they did that because we did something to them, to make them feel vengeful. We (the US) has killed hundreds of innocent people in the mid-east, and all around the world. We think nothing of it, until they get angry and attack back. Then we say "were going to get you, you cowards!" when in fact we are all cowards. we have to forgive the people who did this, no matter how hard that may be, it has to stop here. stop the violence, because as we all know now, revenge is sweet until it it happens to you.

tonight, i will be praying to god, for the people involved, the dead, the rescue workers, and for the innocent victims we have killed elsewere.

Last, by starting a war with these people, you can all expect this tragity to dwarf what would happened if we killed a spiritual leader of a bunch of madmen.

Quick Reply: OT: A silent respect to all who died in today...