Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 944 Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 PM
creaseuk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm back on the trail of the 944 today ..
Thanks for the tip Legoland .. I have one back for you ...
I checked the voltage at the fuel injector connector (with the ignition on) it showed 12v. So, I went to my local Autozone (I had to go twice) who RENTED me a Noid Set.. With the help of my neighbor, he was able to tell me the noid light pulsed. So I bit the bullet & removed the rail ( I stink of gas) This is what I found
Attached Images    
Old 08-20-2013, 08:00 PM
creaseuk
Intermediate

Luckily.. My neighbor has some Ford Injectors .. I hope They Fit... I'm going to look if I can clean these boys first
Old 08-20-2013, 11:44 PM
creaseuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by creaseuk
Luckily.. My neighbor has some Ford Injectors .. I hope They Fit... I'm going to look if I can clean these boys first
Not to worry - I got a whole fuel Rail with injectors & regulators off a 60,000 mile car for $85 on eBay ... I'm another step closer to getting it started .....
Old 08-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If it has pulse at the connector, I am pretty sure the injectors are clogged or stuck. Inadequate fuel pressure will the last thing to check if the injectors do not work.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Ky944TurboNewbie
Racer

The injectors can be flow tested and rebuilt at witchhunter.com. I think it is $22 per injector plus a small shipping fee.

I have 2 that I can sell for a good price if you have any problems with the ones that are sent in to witchhunter.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:28 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

just order up the new plastic tips and O-rings (renbay has them) and clean the injectors with sea-foam, use your finger nail to actuate the injector while flowing the solvent through them, then install the new parts on the injector and reassemble
Old 08-22-2013, 08:15 PM
creaseuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by william_b_noble
just order up the new plastic tips and O-rings (renbay has them) and clean the injectors with sea-foam, use your finger nail to actuate the injector while flowing the solvent through them, then install the new parts on the injector and reassemble
As you mentioned it - I thought I'd try. Acutaure the injector with my nail ??? No such luck - it's stuck fast .. No way it'll move . But at least now I'me on my way to curing another problem ..new rail & injectors are on the way, along with dampers ... Wish for good fuel pressure for me
Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM
creaseuk
Intermediate

For those of you who have been following & contributing, I have great news...
She LIVES !! The 944 started today after fitting the new injectors.. Although my joy was brief, when she stopped again .. However, I did work out that the transfer hose between fuel tank & fuel pump was kinked. This did impede fuel flow. I removed the rubber boot from the throttle body too (to clean a gasoline spill). I ran out of time before leaving for my job, before I could correct these issues. I hoping I can get a fuel hose with an elbow from my local auto store. Then I'll reconnect the boot & hopefully she'll run ..
Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 PM
creaseuk
Intermediate

She Runs !!!!!

A bit lumpy - but the gasoline is the color of apple juice even after several flushes- but she runs !!
Thanks everyone for your help.
The moral if the story here is dont use radiator hose for your fuel needs!! I'm sure the end result was black bits throughout the injectors & dampers ...
Now I just have to reassemble, clean & sell !!

Quick Reply: My 944 Won't Start