Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is surprised Craig got "banned"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 12:50 AM
Bob S. 1984 Silver
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's put it this way. I am (albeit early) retired. Nope, not the victm of a cutback; honestly earned my pension. Just my opinion, I see no problenm with someone like Craig within reason. His dad must be either a saint or loaded if the kid is actually doing all the things to his '83 he has mentioned. Or, dare I say, if he even owns one. Who knows? If he would think before he posted a bit, and kept to the major topics (how do I keep this four cylinder overrated German joke running?) he perhaps would still be among the privileged and honored members of this here board.

Just my 2 pfennigs worth (but only until the Euro puts the Mark out of business)

Bob S. (just how DO I keep my overated German joke running? Devotion, my friends...devotion Now where did I leave those 60 degree snap ring pliers?)

As quoted by one of Marvel Comics "Fantastic Four"; "FLAME ON!!!" <G>

P.S. Renntag: You forgot the most important part..the unpleasant odor associated with the aforementioned anatomical feature....
Old 09-07-2001, 03:25 AM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

not really surprised, but the dude did go on and on and on and on <insert duracell bunny here>. will say one thing, he did get people roused up though.

we can all have our ways of how we express ourselves (like black's post that's still going), which is great, but i guess this type of freedom (of expression) has its limits too, especially here.

as the saying goes & through to the next millenia - life's a bitch (and then you marry one)

Old 09-07-2001, 04:44 AM
Tabor
Drifting

I sent the following message to Manning privately. I originally was not going to post it, but here it goes:

My opinion is that I paid $19 to be a member of Rennlist as advertised
in this document: https://rennlist.com/charter.htm And the second
that this document is not respected, Rennlist has been disrespectful
of me, my business, and the knowledge that I shared on their forum.

I strongly believe that Craig did not violate any piece of the
charter, and that his posts were becoming more mature every day.

As for my age, I am 18.

Sincerely,

Tabor Kelly
Old 09-07-2001, 10:08 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
I was personally tired of reading posts by Craig day after day. When a tread gets 20+ replies in a day, I usually read it... This was a waste of my time with his posts.

Call me whatever you will, but I don't see some one that's of Craig's caliber buying a Porsche 944 for what it is, rather for the brand name. He might THINK he likes it, but if he had the chanse to get a better looking (and better/newer looking ONLY) Porsche, do you guys think he'd pass that up? I don't... Now banning is a little harsh, but I don't care to see a discussion about sex in a 944 either, and because of posts like that I personally come back to rennlist less often for better or for worse.
Ahmet
Old 09-07-2001, 10:11 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks to all who have posted so far. My suspicions so far have not panned out as a) most of the respondants are older and most don't get why Craig was "banned". Perhaps I didn't give the older posters enough credit for being sympathetic or nurturing. I had guessed most of the older poster would be less patient and more jaded (like I am, guess I need to take another Paxel). Hmmm.

Tabor, If you read the charter again you will see in 4 that content must not be of a sexual nature and in 5 that the moderator reserves the right to ban for violating anything in item 4. I did not get a chance to read it (nor would I want to), but it sounds like Craig violated item 4 in his post about making out in a 944. G-d knows how many other posts he has had removed for some reason.

Also, I want to know who banned him, isn't John Dunkle in Germany right now?

Michael Manning, Grumpy middle aged man.
Old 09-07-2001, 10:12 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Forgot to add, I'm 19 years old. I AM surprised he's banned, but don't necessarily feel sorry.

While I'm at it, although occasional usage is OK, I also don't like stupid posting styles like: I wanna race u cuz my **** is phat, it's to L8 4 that.

Don't hate me for how I think if you disagree, afterall I obviosly -at least- believe that I have my reasons...
Ahmet
Old 09-07-2001, 10:29 AM
MadMax
Pro

Manning et al.,
I honestly don't believe that Craig has been banned. If you check out Pelican (he almost always would double post on Pelican the exact same topics as he would on Rennlist), Craig hasn't posted there in the last two days either. He is either out of town, sick, Daddy took his computer away or something but I don't believe for a second that the he has been banned. Maybe I am more jaded than you(I'm 33 btw) but it seems more than just a little bit conincidental that he stops posting on BOTH BBS's on the same day. Hmmmm? Makes me wonder about the validity of Craig's claimed "banning". Not to mention that even at Pelican when someone was banned, the moderator addressed questions from the remaining BBS population as people were complaining about the banning. Notice there hasn't been any reply from the Rennlist moderator. Again, seems more than a little questionable. I believe this claimed banning to be another little irritiant that Craig has reaped on this BBS.

It makes sense...He was starting to get flamed on quite regularly for his posts. This way he appears as the helpless, silenced victim so he can play BBS members for suckers and silence his critics when he is miraculously reinstated after a few days exile. Then when he returns fewer people will critique his stupid posts because they won't want to get flamed for picking on poor misunderstood Craiggie. If he wants to be treated as an equal (adult) then he has to act like one.

This is my last post about Craig or any of his crap. I can't believe that I or any of you have spent so much time worrying about something so trivial(in the big scheme of things). If he is gone, fine. If he's not...well, I guess the torture and further degradation of the quality of this BBS's postings will continue. I am resigned to simply ride it out until the BBS no longer is of any value to me as a resource.(rapidly approaching)

Regards,
Max
Old 09-07-2001, 07:42 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Originally posted by Manning:
<STRONG>Tabor, If you read the charter again you will see in 4 that content must not be of a sexual nature and in 5 that the moderator reserves the right to ban for violating anything in item 4.</STRONG>
Okay, I will accept that. But having read the "making out in a 944" thread, I do not believe that it was "sexual" in nature. But I will openly admit that the judgment call there is subjective.

Quick Reply: Who is surprised Craig got "banned"?