Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little news about Craig...(nothing involving health of him/car)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 08:29 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Little news about Craig...(nothing involving health of him/car)

Craig just wanted me to let you guys know that he's been banned from the Rennlist. Comments are welcome but this is only meant as an informative post, not the start of a Flame war.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:45 PM
Leonel
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts
What's the reason he got banned?
Old 09-05-2001, 08:46 PM
Black_951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did he do to get banned??? I noticed his making out topic was deleted but I didn't think that was that bad.

Did he post something later I did not get a chance to see?
Old 09-05-2001, 09:24 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Craig doesn't know why he was banned. But IMHO the reason is that people felt he was starting too many off topic threads. I don't believe this to be true. However,the last thread about making out in the 944 was kinda pushing it. I most certaintly don't want this to be something that causes long time Rennlist members to leave...
Old 09-05-2001, 10:29 PM
Cobbs
Instructor

Thumbs down

I never responded to his posts and most of them I felt were silly but I can't believe he was banned. He didn't do anything that was malicious to anyone. He was just very zealous about his car. I would be to if I had that car when I was 17 (or whatever). Personally I think it is BS.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:29 PM
MAS
Racer

Please "un-ban" him immediately. Maybe some of his posts were off topic... but he always seemed to exude great enthusiasm for his Porsche.

-MAS
Old 09-05-2001, 11:46 PM
Steven
Instructor

Thumbs down

Whose idea was it to ban him anyway? I have read almost all of his posts and have found nothing wrong. Just youthful exuberance! As someone said before, if I were 17 and had a Porsche, I would be out of my mind with joy and posting stuff everyday. Let him be young! He's probably posting a lot of things we would like to say but we're all too 'grown up' and might be embarassed.
My God! If this is what this board is coming to, i'm not at all sure I want to be a part of it either!

Steve (1989 944na) (and at 38 years of age, i'm still all 'giddy' about owning one
also!)
Old 09-06-2001, 12:40 AM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Although banning him does sound a bit harsh, I'm sure most of us saw this coming. I would assume that Craig was warned that this was a posible outcome. Having said this, I have to add that he will be missed.

Dave, Is it just me or is it quieter in here?
Old 09-06-2001, 12:50 AM
Black_951
Instructor

I spent a little bit of time looking around for a link to RennList "rules" or "policies". If there is indeed one could someone please point me to it?

If not, then I suggest one be created before forum moderators continue banning anyone. I also suggest Craig's "ban" be changed to a three day "suspension".

It would not be very hard for him (or anyone else) to go undercover and begin creating some REAL havoc on this board.
Old 09-06-2001, 12:52 AM
Leonel
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts
How about creating a chit-chat forum so member can have a place to post their off-topic treads
Old 09-06-2001, 12:57 AM
Black_951
Instructor

A chit-chat forum would not be bad except still we are stuck with the situation of deciding what is "off topic". The topic of this forum is "924/944/951/968". Craig's make out post fit under that heading.

Is there an active leader of this forum somewhere? If not, someone needs to be nominated for the role of Governor and rules need to be decided upon. And it needs to be done quick before something really serious happens. Banning someone with no rules in place is simply unfair.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:34 AM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation

Not taking any sides or stance (think of me as swiss cheese)... but, the last time I checked, the only one who can banish folks from the list in listmaster John Dunkle.... who is also the only moderator of this forum.

His Email = admin@rennlist.com

Before you send him any response, it might be best if we hear from Craig first... I'm sure some of you have his personal Email? and could ask him to voice through you. Maybe the facts are askew...?

Click here to view the Rennlist Charter...

Skip
Old 09-06-2001, 01:47 AM
Cobbs
Instructor

Thumbs down

Ok, I don't want to be remembered as the "Bring Craig Back" advocate but really...

If we have to ban a guy for the "make out" post among hundreds of other equally strange posts we are taking ourselves way too seriously.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:56 AM
agent944
Instructor

Thumbs down

I don't post that often, but when I saw this ban, I must say I disagree. Sure he does post alot, but last time I checked, isn't that what web boards are for? And sure, his last post was off topic and even immature, but it was not, as stated in the charter,

"intentionally inflammatory, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, racist or demeaning manner".

Maybe he should be "suspended" as someone stated earlier, but certainly not banned. Its apparent that someone sure needs to go buy some extra-strength laxatives and relax a little. I also agree that some posting rules be firmly and clearly established and posted. Otherwise it seems that the rules are being made up as we go along.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:09 AM
Black_951
Instructor

I have talked to Craig and he did not have a lot to say. I am thinking this may be a ruse by him just to stir things up. Meaning, he is not really banned. He just made it up. But, honestly, I don't think he is that creative.

No offense, Craig. I do believe you are banned. But it would be funny if you came out and said it was just a joke.

Quick Reply: Little news about Craig...(nothing involving health of him/car)